01

The faint sound of an alarm blares through the thin walls of our apartment. Another morning where Hanzo wakes up for his morning classes as I try to muffle the sound with a pillow. 

I squish the pillows over my ears as hard as I could. But still unable to block out that annoying alarm. 

"Hanzo!" I growl loudly as I hear him shuffle awake from across the hall. 

"Sorry Genji!" He yells back as he shuts the alarm off, shuffling to his feet and striding towards the bathroom. 

Ugh, I hate sharing this tiny apartment with him. But it's better than living in the dorms with a total stranger. I turn my cellphone on - 6:03 AM. 

"Fuck, it's early." I grumble as I turn my phone off. My morning classes doesn't start till 8 so I could sleep in longer if I wanted. But like always, I never can. Hanzo loudly walks around the apartment from the bathroom to his bedroom and into the kitchen making himself breakfast. 

I sigh and sit up from my bed. The usual morning wood greeting me.

"Fuck off." I stare at my bulge and stand up, stretching and doing my light exercises. I throw on a hoodie and sweatpants. I walk over to my nightstand and grab my cellphone along with my headphones. 

Stepping out of my bedroom to a lively Hanzo.

"Sorry bro." He says in between bites of his cereal. I nod silently and grab hold of the door handle. 

"Going on your morning jog?" Hanzo questions as I nod again.

"Yeah, might as well since I'm awake." A tinge of annoyance in my voice as Hanzo smirks. 

"Well, be safe and call me if you need anything." He walks over to the sink and places the empty bowl down. I wave my hand in a 'whatever' motion and close the door behind me. 

The cold breeze of the morning kissing my skin. I shiver slightly and start my jog. 

We lived only five minutes away from campus so I never understood why Hanzo woke up early. 

"Morning Genji." A sweet voice greets me from behind. I stop my pace and turn around. 

Her.

A slender girl, smooth skin, long silky brown hair, warm honey brown eyes, and soft pink lips stand across from me. Hana. 

"Morning." I try to greet her kindly. 

If only she knew the thoughts I have about her. She seems too good to be true for Hanzo. The two of them meeting in the most set up way. A focused girl busily studying at the local coffee shop and a guy, Hanzo, clumsily bumps her things onto the ground off her table. The two of them brushing their hands on one another as they try to pick up her items and BAM - magic happens.

I mentally roll my eyes. Their first encounter is too good to be true. 

She stands there quietly as I see a mist of her breath in the cold air. Even in the cold she decided to put fashion first over her own health. She wore a black skirt, knit stockings, brown boots, and a burgundy crop top sweater.

 She wore a black skirt, knit stockings, brown boots, and a burgundy crop top sweater