19

Hana and I enter my apartment sliding off our shoes. I toss my backpack on the couch and walk over to the fridge to grab a drink.

"Want anything?" I turn to look at her as she place her belongings on the couch. 

"Any juice?" 

I scan the inside of my refrigerator and grab the gallon of orange juice as she grabs a glass from the cupboards. I unscrew the cap and pour her a glass.

"Thanks." She says with a smile as she walks over to the living room, placing the glass on the coffee table. "So, about the science homework." 

I follow after her with my own glass of juice and sit beside her as she takes her notebook out of her backpack. 

"Were you listening to the professor at all?" She looks at me as I lean back on the couch and shrug. 

"How could I focus when my asshole of a brother was there?" I look at her as she nods. 

"Same...Looks like we can't get the work done. I guess we'll just have to ask Jack for help whenever we see him." She closes her notebook and grabs the remote, turning the T.V. on. I raise a brow as I watch her skim through the channels. This oddly feels natural, just the two of us hanging out like this.   

"Was this your plan after all? To get some alone time with Genji Shimada?" I tease her as she flips her hair and scoffs. 

"As if. I thought you were actually paying attention for once. But, I guess I'm disappointed again." She smirks as my lips part slightly. 

"Says the bookworm here. You were always into your studies and diligently working in class. What happened?" I ask her without realizing my statement. Dumb ass, she probably stopped focusing because of her break up. 

She glares at me with a pout. "Bookworm?! Who are you to call me that playboy!" Hana says loudly as she shoves my arm playfully. I chuckle at her reaction as I pretend to be hurt, rubbing my arm.

"Damn, don't have to go all Hulk on me Hana. That hurts!" I whine as she rolls her eyes. 

"Watch out next time or I'll Hana smash your ass." She taunts as I slowly nod.

"Sure." I mumble under my breath, her head quickly snapping towards me. 

"Excuse me?" Her voice stern as her eyes glare into mine. "Want to say it to my face?" 

A playful smirk etches on my face, "Sure." I make sure to drag my words to annoy her more. In a flash Hana pounces on me as her fingers busily tickle my sides. Her touch sending slight electricity bolts in my body as I try to hold in my laughter. A manly guy like me can't be weak to tickles. I bite my lower lip as Hana gets more determined.

"You know you want to laugh Genji!" She says as she tickles harder, my face reddening as I shake my head. There's so much going on right now. Hana's on top of me tickling me to death, my heart is nearly pounding out of my chest, and my competitive side can't let her win. 

In a flash Hana does the unimaginable to me. I look at her face that's leaning awfully close to mine as she looks elsewhere. A slight brush of her soft lips against my ear sends me chills. I lose my strength as I part my lips wanting to groan but she quickly tickles me again, laughter now spilling out of me. I hold onto my stomach as she furiously tickles. 

"I can play unfair too, Shimada." Hana declares as I try to catch my breath.

"I-I'll get payback." I try to say between laughter as she pull her hands away. Now's my chance. I tightly grip onto her wrist, quickly flipping her onto her back as I hover over top of her. She blinks furiously as I see her chest move up and down hastily. My eyes gazing at her face as her cheeks blush a shade pink. Her face perfectly done well with makeup. Her eyelids a transcending shade of nude brown, the light reflecting her highlight perfectly, her eyeliner that can cut my heart in one slice, and her gradient lips...damn. Who knows how long it takes her to look this perfect. 

I didn't realize how long I am staring at her until she clears her throat.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." She jokes as I smirk at her. 

"Maybe I will." A grin on my face as I pull my phone out, I gently scoot her closer to the inner of the couch as I lay beside her. "Smile." 

Hana looks at the camera with a darker shade of pink on her face as I take a picture. 

"Look how cute you look." I stifle a laugh as I show her the picture. 

"I didn't think you'll actually take a picture..." She pouts with her arms crossed. I text her the picture as I go through my settings to set it as my wallpaper, Hana peering over to look at me. "Y-You're making it your wallpaper?" She stutters nervously. 

I glance over at her, our faces closer than I thought. I could kiss her right now if I wanted to. But I know that's wrong. "Yeah, why?" I smile at her as she bites her lower lip and looks up.

"Isn't that something couples do and not friends?"

"Uh, friends can do it too. I'm pretty sure if either of us had a significant other we would probably not do this...since I'm sure someone in the relationship will be jealous. But - we're both single so it's fine." I pull her cheeks to ease her mind. Hana pouts as she pulls my cheek.

"Hey, I'm very sensitive of my chubby cheeks Genji!" She shouts as I chuckle. My insides on overload from her touch and our closeness. My body wants to devour her while my mind tells me it's not the right time. 

We lay like this for a little while before my stomach decides to growl loudly. 

"Someone's hungry." Hana laughs as she pokes my stomach. Great timing you hungry ass. I sigh with red cheeks and nod. 

"Yeah, we did have an early lunch after all. Want to get something to eat?" I ask her as I sit up. Hana leans up beside me and thinks. 

"Take-out?" 

"Take-out." 

- - - -

After receiving our food half an hour later, the two of us decide to play some old Disney movies to recall our childhood. A few Disney princess's later I hear the soft breathing of Hana sleeping. I glance at her sleeping expression and can't help but smile. 

She's an angel. 

I silently stand up and walk over to my room to grab her a blanket. Starring in my room I realize I only have one blanket. 

"I guess I'm not getting a blanket tonight." I sigh with a smile as I pick up the fuzzy green blanket with a childish logo of a super sentai. The T.V. screen light reflecting back on Hana's peaceful face greets me as I walk back into the living room. The voices of Beauty and the Beast playing in the background as I cover her up with my blanket. 

I crouch down beside the couch and tuck a stray hair behind her ear before leaning close to her face. I timidly brush her cheek with my finger, my eyes naturally gazing down to her lips. I want to kiss her badly. 

I hesitate as I inch closer to her face, my lips only a few centimeters away. I shut my eyes close and kiss her forehead instead. I want our first kiss to be memorable for her and I. As I pull my lips away Hana scrunches her brows and her eyes slowly flutter open. 

Shit. 

Her stare looks half asleep as she gazes at me. Her outer corners of her lips forming into a smile as her eyes melt my entire being. "Genji..." I tilt my head still unsure if she's awake or just sleep talking. Her heavy eyes closing again but her smile never fading. "Maybe I like you too..." She murmurs and falls back asleep. 

"You what?" My voice cracked as I flutter my eyelashes. But Hana doesn't say a word as she rolls over cuddling the blanket closer. I guess she was sleep talking...but I still feel happy just to even hear her say those words in the same sentence. 

I place my hand over my beating heart and shake my head. I can't believe I've became such a weak guy. Love can truly change a person. I stand up and gaze at Hana again before heading back to my room to call it a night. 

It may be too early to say this but, I feel like I'm getting closer. Suck on that Jack.