10

After the celebration of Christmas I find myself sitting alone in this tiny apartment, minutes away from New Years. 

Lucio and Jesse both busy with plans leaving me alone tonight.

I sit in the living room, laying on the sofa turning through different channels. 

"Damn, this is boring." I mumble as I toss a chip into my mouth. 

Usually I would have Hanzo around to at least fill the void of being lonely but I haven't seen that douche since we caught him and Angel all over each other. I didn't dare to even open his door either. A fire lighting inside of me as I think of him. 

I groan loudly as I scroll through social media. Everyone sharing pictures or short clips of them at parties.

I never felt so lonely till tonight. I scroll through my texts and hover over Hana's. The only text from Christmas. I texted her to see if she made it home safely and she replies with a smiling emoji, 'Safe and sound. Thanks for worrying.' 

I smile from her reply, rubbing my thumb on the screen. I wonder what she's doing right now? 

The T.V. catching my attention as they count down for the ball to drop. 

I whisper along.

'10, 9, 8, 7-'

A soft knock on my door catches my attention. Who could be here at this hour? I shuffle out of my comfy sofa towards the door. As I open my door, Hana stands there in tears. 

' HAPPY NEW YEAR! ' the T.V. muffles.

"H-Hana?" My eyes wavering as I see her completely a mess. It seems like she crawled out of bed and drove straight here. Her high bun messily thrown together, tear stained cheeks, a pink cardigan barely covering her, and a t-shirt/shorts PJ set. 

The cold brushing against my skin as I'm now aware that I'm only in a tank-top and shorts. I urge her inside as I close the door.

"What brings you here?" I ask her, turning around towards her. 

She sniffles as she wraps her tiny frame against my tall one. She doesn't mutter a word and only tightens her grip around me.  My words stuck in my throat as I don't know what to do with my hands. My heart nearly jumping out of my chest. 

Damn her. 

"I felt so lonely..." Her voice soft. Luckily I heard her. I smile weakly from her words. I was feeling the same way but I didn't think to drive to Hana's house to tell her that. I don't even know where she lives anyway. 

"Well...did you want to watch movies?" I suggest to her as she nods, her head rubbing against my chest. I pray she doesn't hear my beating heart. 

She releases her grip on me as she covers her face suddenly.

"I'm sorry. I came here without any warning. I'm probably a handful. Especially since we're not that close." She murmurs as I silently chuckle.

"It's ok. This is like your second home anyway..." 

She always came over whenever Hanzo and her were dating. The apartment defiantly got lonely when it was only me. 

"Yeah..." She says softly as she walks over to the sofa, I hand her a blanket as she takes it. 

My mind still running in circles. I'm really alone with Hana. In my apartment. Just us two. On the first day of the New Year. I try to calm down as I sit beside her, handing her the remote. 

"What do you want to watch?" I ask her, holding back my nervousness. 

She shrugs. "What do you usually watch?"