05

The Halloween party was horrible like I expected it to be. I came home around midnight while Hanzo didn't enter the house till later in the night. I never asked him about the events that night mostly because I don't think I can endure the pain I'll have.

Days went by and the only thing that changed was Hanzo's absence in the house since the party. I munch on a bag of chips as I finish my course work online. My cellphone alerts me a text.

"Hey."

Who's this? I receive a text from an unknown number.

"May I ask who this is?"

"Oh, sorry! I forgot to add that part. It's Hana. I got your number from your friends, I hope you don't mind. > - <"

I raise an eyebrow with a chip hanging from my lips. Why'd she text me if she knows where I live? I shake my head and reply to her.

"Oh, it's okay. Is something the matter?"

"I...I don't know. Are you alone right now?"

"Yeah."

I watch the dots of her replying buffer.

"Can I call you?"

My eyes widen as I blink furiously. Why does she need to call me? I stop eating my chips and slide away from my desk, sitting in my desk chair stunned. 

"Genji?"

"Shit, she's waiting for me to reply." My palms sweaty as I rub them on my shorts.

"Yeah, sorry I was a bit distracted."

I hold my breath as I wait for her call. My phone ringing in my palm as I stare at the contact. 

"She's really calling..." 

I hit the answer button on the screen.

"Sorry for calling you so suddenly...I just." She sighs softly in the phone. I frown absentmindedly. I never heard her so defeated before.  

She exhales again as she tries to muster a few words. 

"I'm not in the right state of mind right now and...something told me to talk to you." She whispers as I sit there quietly. Something told her to call me? Even though our conversations were less than five minutes if I remember clearly. 

Silence between us as I clear my throat.  

"Really?" My voice a bit shaky. Dumb ass, don't sound so surprised. 

"Yeah..." Her soft voice tickling my ear as I feel a shiver down my spine. 

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but you do know we barely held a conversation for at least five minutes." I say. I hear her faint giggle on the other line and I could only imagine her nodding her head.

"Y-Yeah, I'm surprised too. But I feel like you're the only person I can talk to about this...situation." Her words trailing after she said 'situation'. 

I walk over to my bed, leaning myself on my bed frame as I hold my cellphone close to my ear.

"It has to do with Hanzo." 

My heart sinking as I think I know where this conversation is leading to. The Halloween party.

I hear a faint sniffle as she tries to speak.

"Please don't tell him I told you about this." Her voice broken as I purse my lips. 

"Of course." I answer her as I hear her exhale. 

"Remember the Halloween party?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, after I went to grab Hanzo away from those drunk girls, we went elsewhere to just talk to each other and Hanzo was drunk so I didn't take his conversation to heart. Until, a girl appeared... He mentioned saying we should try to add people into our sex - that it would be exciting."