20

I whine to the sensation of something warm touching my body. My eyebrows scrunch together as I peer open my eyes. A fuzzy figure of a girl sitting on the edge of my bed. Is this a dream? Why's there a girl beside me in the morning? I grumble from all the thoughts so early in the damn morning. This is probably a dream anyway, I mentally say to myself as I shut my eyes close again.

The girl grumbling beside me. "Is this the Genji I fell for?" Her voice ringing in my ear as I try to remember the familiar tone. My bed creaks softly as she leans closer to my face. "Maybe he'll wake up if I kiss him..." Her voice playful as she giggles, her breath tickling my face. "I watched too many Disney movies last night."

This voice...It's Hana, right? She goes silent as I feel her breath on me still. What is she thinking? I can't wake up now. I'm too curious about her motives. Also, did I hear her clearly when she said 'Is this the Genji I fell for?'. Today's the one exception day where I don't wake up in the crack of dawn so I'll give her an earful on that later.

Her hands clenching tightly on my bed sheets as her cheeks redden. "Why am I getting so nervous around him now?!" She whines as her words get stuck in her throat. "Shit. My heart is beating wildly. I'm both refreshed and scared all at once."

Hana sure talks to herself a lot...I try to relax my face but I so badly want to shut her up with a kiss. Fuck it. I groggily open my eyes as I sit up on my pillow.

"Who's talking so much beside me so early in the morning?" I groan as Hana stays quiet. I reach over to her hand placing a kiss. "Morning, princess." I smile at her as she avoids my gaze but her outer corners of her lips curve into a smile.

"Morning." She whispers as I smile at her.

"A little bird told me something nice last night." My tone playful as she raises a brow.

"What did it say?"

I tap a finger to my chin, "Something along the lines of 'Maybe I like you too'"

Hana's eyes widen as she takes her hand back and covers her face. "I'm leaving now!" She scurries out of the room as I chuckle.

"Was the birdie right?!" I yell out.

"WHO KNOWS." Hana yells back as I shake my head with a smile. I run my fingers through my hair and exhale.

"This is going to be an exciting day."

- - - -

After my usual morning routine, Hana and I grab our bags and head off to campus. I park my car in the busy parking lot as Hana pulls up beside me. After my morning wake up Hana's keeping her distance which only makes me want to tease her about it. I reach over to my passenger seat and throw my backpack on my shoulder and close my door.

"Are you going to avoid me all day?" I ask Hana as the two of us walk towards the classroom. She shrugs and looks at me with blushing cheeks.

"Maybe." Her voice low as I crack a smile.

"This only proves to me that you do have a crush on Genji Shimada." I say slyly as Hana grips onto her backpack strap tightly.

"A what?!" A voice booming behind us stops us on our stroll. Oh, it's Jack. Perfect timing. I turn around with a devilish grin as his brows scrunch together and his arms crossed. "What did you just say Genji?"

I can't help but smile wider as I wrap my arm around Hana's neck, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"That Hana has a crush on me that she doesn't want to admit yet." My eyes glimmering at his as I watch him slouch his shoulders.