17

The sound of the boiling pot, our breathing, and my rapid heart is all I can hear. Hana stops stirring the pot as her mouth parts a bit.

"W-What do you mean Genji? Of course you're a man." She says as I sigh and stand from my seat. I walk over to her, my hand crawling towards hers. I gently hold her hands in mine and stare into her eyes.

"I want you to see me as a man you can fall in love with." I say bluntly as I watch her flutter her eyelashes in disbelief. She lets out an awkward laughter as I feel her palms sweat. Or maybe my palms are sweaty too; who knows.

"You know I can't..." She whispers as she looks down. I only grip her tiny hands tighter as I lean down towards her eye level.

"It's only another hurdle I need to jump over. Let me mend your broken heart Hana."

My heart wavering as I look at her sad expression.

"W-When..." She asks softly as I raise a brow.

"When?"

Her eyes now staring deeply into mine.

"When did you feel this way towards me Genji."

I sigh and stand up straight with a smile.

"Longer than you can imagine. But I'll tell you more about that when you're ready to give me a chance." I release her hands and walk over to the stool. Her cheeks pink as she goes back to stirring. I feel somewhat relieved. She now knows I have feelings for her so maybe she'll be careful with her actions around other guys.

I smile to myself trying to hide my goofy grin.

"Oh." I clear my throat to get her attention as she looks over, her cheeks still pink. "Stay away from Jack, ok?" I say to her with a serious gaze as she tilts her head.

"Why?"

I purse my lips before replying to her. "He has a thing for you too. But I'll do everything in my willpower to make your heart beat only for me." I flash her a confident grin as her face reddens bright like a cherry.

"You're too much Genji." She mumbles under her breath as I smile at her flustered expression.

"I'm not letting that jerk mark you before me. Not again." I growl as Hana looks at me.

"Again? When did he-"

"You think I would lay a finger on you without a reason?" I ask her. She shrugs as I roll my eyes. "I may be a player but I'm not going to foolishly do something to someone I love without a reason. That jack ass placed a mark on you first so I replaced it with mine."

The anger rising within me when I think about Jack. His damn blonde hair, blue eyes, and cocky fucking smile.

"L-Love?" Hana stutters as I click back into reality.

"Surprised? Looks like you'll see a new side of me, Hana. I'm not very nice to those who takes whats mine. Even if you're not officially mine yet." I grin at her as my eyes lock onto hers. Her eyes still afraid but I pray she'll soften up to me.

"You're way more energetic than Hanzo..." She whispers as she turns off the stove.

"I'm the fun one." I say to her as she giggles. The atmosphere lighter now as she pours me a bowl of soup.

"For your hangover, playboy." Her usual attitude back as I thank her.

- - - -

The following morning I throw on a dark green plaid sweater, black jeans, and dark green Vans shoes.