13

The tension in her car makes it uncomfortable to breath. I have no one else to blame for that but myself. My mouth slowly parting to tell her 'never mind' but her cheeks redden as she tries to let out a giggle.

"What kind of question is that, Genji? You're lucky I'm a chill girl or else some other girl will misinterpret your words." She lightly shoves my shoulder as my gaze stays serious. She doesn't think I'm joking right now does she? Another thing I can't blame her for since my replies tend to always be hinted with a smart ass tone.

"I think we're great friends. Maybe BFF's if we open up more." A smile on her face as I feel a sting in my chest. BFF's...I don't plan to be friend zoned forever neither do I plan to be single for long either. I'm tired of this playboy lifestyle. I didn't even ask for this life. 

I silently nod my head, my hand on the car door handle. Hana's soft tone catching my attention.

"What about you?" She asks as I close my eyes and release a sigh.

"Is it weird if I say the same thing?" I answer her with a tinge of sadness tailed behind those words. Her smile lighting up the tension.

"Looks like we'll make great friends after all." She says as the two of us exit her car and enter the burger joint. The three guys already sitting in a booth, waving over to us.

"What took you two so long?" Lucio asks as Hana slides into the booth. Of course Jack sits beside her as I sit on the other side of her. 

"Took the wrong turn." Hana lies as she steals the menu from Lucio. "I'm sure you've look at this long enough?" She giggles as she opens the menu, putting it between us. She taps a finger to her chin, "What should I get..."

Lucio pouts and crosses his arm like a child. "I can't even be angry at you...I do know what I want." 

Jesse and Jack chuckle among their selves. Hana's face closely to mine as I try to focus on the menu. Her long lashes down to her pink lips excite me beyond words. Her face turning slowly towards me as she flutters her eyelashes.

"What are you getting?" She asks as I shrug. Praying I'm not blushing as I stare hard at the menu. 

Her gaze back on the menu. "Number six sounds good. A double bacon burger with fries." She says with a grin. A server walks over to our booth, she looks roughly our age. Her blonde hair tied neatly into a high bun, emerald green eyes, a few freckles around her nose, and a curvy figure any man would love to claim as their own.

I notice the glances from the guys as Hana rolls her eyes. 

"What can I get for you all?" She says with a cheerful tone. One by one we tell her our order and hand her our menus as she leaves to get our drinks. Jesse lets out a low whistle.

"That's a fine girl." He says as Lucio nods.

"Wonder if she has a boyfriend." Lucio rubs his chin as Jack shakes his head.

"You guys are funny." Jack says as I stay quiet. "I bet you guys won't ask for her number." He taunts the two as Hana and I silently laugh.

Jesse and Lucio stare at one another with a grin before looking back towards Jack.

"You're so on." 

- - - -

The five of us exit the restaurant with full bellies after conversing about endless topics for an hour or so. I stretch my arms in the air as Lucio grumbles beside me.

"Is this how a pregnant woman feels?" He questions as I snicker at him.

"I don't even think this is even close."