07

It's been two weeks since I last saw Hana and she hasn't attended any of her classes. I hold my phone in my hand after several times placing it down on my desk.

"Should I text her?" I ask myself this again. I ruffle my hair and lean back in my chair, unsure.

I groan and place my phone down again and decide to focus on the last few online courses.

- - - -

I walk towards my morning class the next day, pulling my scarf closer to my mouth to warm myself. Fuck it's gotten so cold out. The holidays nearing in a week.

I hear a pair of feet running towards me as Lucio slaps my back.

"Morning man!" He shouts as I smile at him, my hands stuffed in my pockets.

"Morning. Why are you so happy?" I ask him as he grins from ear to ear.

"Christmas is next week man! So that means I'll be expecting a gift from you and Jesse, right?"

I chuckle and nod. "Always."

"Sweeeet. Because I already got you guys something so I had to make sure I wasn't the only one giving gifts." He says as we enter the warm auditorium.

"Oh, where's Jesse? He's usually here before us." I mumble as Lucio points over to the left.

"He's talking to some girl."

Why so suddenly? We've had this class for a couple months now and he's now introducing himself to a classmate?

Lucio and I try to look at who this girl was.

"Hana?!" Lucio yells as Jesse turns around waving to the two of us.

It's really her. To my surprise she looks better than before. Her skin glowing as the light in her eyes are bright again. She still chose fashion over warmth as I look at her. A light rose pink flared dress coat, black leggings, black beanie, and black boot heels.

Lucio tugs me over to Jesse and Hana

"Hey Hana, where have you been?!" Lucio asks her as she smiles.

"I needed to take a little break so I emailed the professors in advance. I did all my classwork online. I didn't know there were people actually worried about me." A faint smile on her face as her eyes travel to mine. A slight blush on her cheeks.

"You could've texted us, you know." I say to her softly as she nods.

"I know...but I didn't want to bother anyone." Her voice quiet as we all nod.

"We're just glad you're okay." Lucio pats her shoulder roughly like she's one of the guys.

"Aye, man. Gentle. She's a lady." Jesse scolds Lucio.