26

The next few days drag on as I anticipate for the weekend. I'm sitting in class with my head down as a few students present their PowerPoint on whatever project I had to do that I clearly already don't remember. 

I feel a finger tap my shoulder as I turn my head towards the direction. The person beside me makes me widen my eyes.

"Jack?" I whisper yell as he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asks as I shake my head.

"Go ahead, we're friends after all. I won't tell you no." I say to him as he sits beside me in the auditorium. "Any reason why you're so late?" I ask him as I sit up and turn my attention to him.

Jack places his backpack down beside him and takes his laptop out. He looks tired. 

"Jack?" I say his name as he snaps back into reality.

"Sorry, did you say something?" Jack asks awkwardly. 

"What's wrong? You seem distant." I corner him with my words as I notice him grow nervous. He drags out a sigh as he hangs his head low. 

"I didn't want to tell you this but..." His expression heartbroken as I pat his back to give him some confidence. "I'm moving once this semester ends." 

"The semester ends next week." I say to him as I'm now realizing that's pretty soon. Jack nods his head slowly as I feel sadness wash over me. When Hana told me the news I wasn't completely sad but now that I'm hearing it from Jack himself, I can't help but feel a slight sadness. 

Jack and I butt heads when we first met and a few times in between but I grew to like him over the past semester. Jack glances at me as he notices I'm not saying anything. 

"I haven't told the other guys yet either. I've only told you and Hana." His words weak as he looks at his laptop. I grow quiet from the news. I'm sure Hana took the news worse than I am since the two seem closer. 

"How did Hana take it?" I ask him with curiosity as he looks at me with his blue eyes. 

"She threw a fit of course. But I told her she won't miss me if you're around." His hand patting my shoulder as I give him a small smile. 

Even at a time like that Jack spoke highly of me. An idea sparks in my mind as I look at him. 

"When do you have to leave again?" I ask.

"Well, semester ends on the 5th...and I'll be on the road by the 7th." Jack mumbles. 

"Make sure you're open from the 5th to the 7th." I say to him as he raises an eyebrow. 

"What for?" 

I smirk at him as I pat his shoulder. "We're going to take you on a short road trip. How does camping sound?" 

Jacks face lights up from the sound of camping. 

"I didn't know you could camp here. Where are the woods even at?" Jack asks as I turn his laptop towards me and search up the nearest camp site. 

"Looks like it's an hour to two away from here, if  we all pack our things before we attend our last classes and head out after the class ends, we should be there around the afternoon." I say to him as Jack grins to himself.

"Oh man. This is going to be a great weekend." Jack scrolls through the images of the campsite as I smile to myself. 

"Serious talk though, you need to tell Jesse and Lucio before then." I remind him as Jack sighs and nods his head. 

"Don't worry, I plan to tell them today. But I'm sure they won't be too upset if we mention the camping idea." 

The two of us grin at each other and begin jotting down the activities and things we will need for the trip. 

- - - -

"WHAT?!" Lucio yells as Hana stuffs his mouth with his burger. 

"Don't cause a scene you idiot!" Hana whisper yells as Lucio silently nods his head with a burger sticking out of his mouth. 

The five of us are at the regular burger joint having lunch after classes. I chuckle at how fast Lucio obeys Hana as I munch on a few fries. 

"It's not like I'm not coming back. I'll be back here in a few months." Jack tries to calm the atmosphere as Lucio angrily eats his burger. 

"We're going to miss you man. I can't believe you're going to miss my Halloween party this year." Jesse grumbles as he takes a sip of his soda. 

"I'll try to be back before then." Jack winks as Lucio waves a fry at him.

"You better! There's so many easy girls at those parties." 

Hana scrunches her brows as she kicks Lucio under the table. I chuckle at Hana's cuteness as I faintly remember last years Halloween party. God did Hana look incredible in her costume. 

"Don't mention Halloween around me." Hana grumbles as she angrily eats her fry. Lucio rubs his leg as Jack glances at Hana from the corner of his eye. 

He must know the story...A weak smile on Jack's face as he looks at me. His eyes telling me to comfort her as I quickly place an arm around Hana. 

"Don't feel sad babe." I whisper to her as she looks at me, her anger washing away. She silently nods her head as Jesse looks over at us. 

"Smooth." Jesse mouths the words. 

"Anyway, Genji had a great idea for us to go on a road trip next week before I leave. We're going camping boys and Hana." Jack says with excitement as Lucio raises an eyebrow. 

"You're telling me, a city boy, to go out there in the woods? Let alone sleep there too?" Lucio lets out his sassy voice as Hana giggles. 

"Is someone afraid of nature?" Hana taunts as Lucio growls at her. 

"No! I just don't like knowing the fact I have to use the bathroom in the woods where bugs will bite my pe-" 

Jesse quickly shoves fries into Lucio's mouth stopping him from his sentence. 

Hana frowns knowing where his sentence leads. "Nasty, we're eating here." 

The rest of the guys chuckle as we continue to enjoy our lunch together before having to head off on our own ways. We pay for our meals and head out of the joint. 

"Alright, guess I have to google how to protect myself from a bear for next weekend." Lucio comments as he unlocks his car. 

"Dumb ass, there's no bears." Jesse chuckles as he shakes his head. 

"Still, I'm curious." Lucio says before waving goodbye to us. 

"Well, see you guys later." Jesse waves at us as he walks across the parking lot to his car leaving Hana and Jack with me. The two exchanging goodbyes as the two break away from a hug. Jack holds a hand up, waving good bye to me as I nod at him with a smile. 

Hana sighs as she walks over to me and wraps her arms around me suddenly. 

"Don't be sad. He said he'll come back and it's not like he's leaving this weekend." I try to comfort her as I pull her close. I lean over to her ear, "By the way, if you cry over Jack I'm going to feel a bit jealous." 

Hana perks up from my sentence as she looks up at me. 

"You don't need to be. I'm sure you'll cry too." She jokes as I roll my eyes. I walk her over to her car as she leans on her car door. My hands in my pockets as I look at her. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow?" I ask her as she smiles. 

"I'll be ready by noon." 

I smile at her as I lean down to kiss her forehead. "I can't wait." My cheeks slightly pink as hers match mine. 

"Me too." She shyly answers back. 

"Drive safe babe." I gently kiss her lips as I feel her kiss me back. Hana unlocks her car and gets in the drivers seat. 

"You too love." She smiles at me as I wink at her. Hana pulls out of the parking lot as I walk over to my car and sit inside. A goofy smile on my face as I whisper to myself, "Tomorrow."