08

The cold air biting my face as I wake up from my bed. I stare at the little heater in my room to find it unplugged. I growl as I ruffle my hair.

I groggily get out of bed, plugging the heater back in and walking towards my closet to find something decent to wear for the Christmas party. 

I grab a gray striped shirt and black leather jacket. Throwing them on I walk over to my dresser, sliding the drawers out to grab a pair of jeans and grabbing my scarf off the dresser counter.

 Throwing them on I walk over to my dresser, sliding the drawers out to grab a pair of jeans and grabbing my scarf off the dresser counter

I look at my reflection and shrug. 

"Better than nothing." I mumble and exit my bedroom. I stare at the clock reading 8 AM. It's still quite early so I busy myself by making breakfast before heading over to Jesse's. 

- - - -

Two hours passed by and I receive a text from Jesse asking if I can stop by to help him set up the place. I grab the presents that sit on the coffee table and close the door behind me, making sure it's locked. I click my car beeper unlocking the car as I place the presents in the passenger seat.

Rubbing my hands together from the cold and turning the engine on. The ride to his house went by smoothly. I figured the streets will be empty since it's Christmas morning. 

As I pull up to his driveway, I grab the gifts and turn my car off. My finger brushing against his doorbell getting ready to press it but Jesse already held the door open.

"Merry Christmas Genji, hurry come inside. It's cold as hell out there." Jesse grins as he stands to the side giving me room to enter.

I take my shoes off at the front door and walk over to the living room, placing the gifts under the tree and taking my scarf and leather jacket off. 

"What did you need help with?" I ask him as I walk over to where he stands. 

He hands me a box along with wrapping paper, a sly grin on his face.

"I need you to help me wrap Lucio's gift. I'm going to wrap yours and Hana's in the next room so no peeping." He says as he leaves.

I shake my head with a grin. "Always last minute on gifts." 

I sit down in the dining room, cutting up the wrapping paper and neatly folding the corners around the gift. Lucio is defiantly going to freak when he finds out Jesse bought him a collectors item. 

I grab the freshly wrapped present in my hands and walk over to the living room, placing it beside my gifts. The scent of a pine tree is always soothing. I can't help but smile at the beautifully decorated living room. 

Jesse probably hired someone to come by and decorate for him, I highly doubt he did this himself. I sit on the sofa taking my phone out of my pocket and staring at Hanzo's contact. Whether I hate him or not - he is family.