Close your mouth, hun. You'll catch flies.

Sam laid there, occasionally wincing when his side hurt. I hated seeing people in pain, especially Sam. I couldn't do anything more to help him, though, which made it all the worse for me.

All I could do was watch as Sam laid there, in pain. I curled up into a ball against his good side and felt his hand stroking my back, occasionally stopping when his side began to hurt. I just wanted to make the pain go away.

"Will you sing for me?" he said through clenched teeth, the searing pain, as he described it, becoming very.. painful.

"Okay," I whispered. I took a deep breath and started singing a quiet, peaceful song, a lullaby I heard once in my childhood.

(A/N: The Parting Glass, original artist, unknown)

Of all the money that e'er I had

I had spent it in good company

And of all the harm that e'er I've done

Alas, it was to none but me

And all I've done for want of wit

To mem'ry now I can't recall

So fill to me the parting glass

Goodnight, and joy be with you all

Of all the comrades that e'er I had

They are sorry for my going away

And all the sweethearts that e'er I had

They would wish me one more day to stay

But since it falls unto my lot

That I should rise and you should not

I'll gently rise and I'll softly call

Goodnight and joy be with you all

A man may drink and not be drunk

A man may fight and not be slain

A man may court a pretty girl

And perhaps be welcomed back again

But since it has so ought to be

By a time to rise and a time to fall

Come fill to me the parting glass

Goodnight and joy be with you all

Sam's soft snores filled to room, making me calmed and slightly tired. I slowly but surely drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up, alone in the bed. I turned my head to see Sam, pulling a brown t-shirt over his head. He sat down, pulling a pair of socks on his feet. I used my quiet ninja skills and grabbed a pillow from beside me. Sam stood, stretching and yawning.

I quickly took aim and threw the pillow at him. He turned when the soft thing hit his back and I turned my back to him, acting like I was asleep. I heard him chuckle behind me and I heard him walk to the door, shutting it behind him. I sat up, only to see Sam standing in front of the door. I cursed under my breath.

"Nice try," he chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. He walked over to the bedside and proceeded to tickle me. I began to laugh uncontrollably.

"St-stop!" I cried in between laughs.

"Never!" he laughed, tickling me more.

I began to laugh so hard that tears fell from my eyes. Sam stopped, finally, and sat down on the bed next to me.