Sammy! Open up!

I woke up in Sam and I's room at Bobby's, Sam laying next to me and reading a book. I scooted close to him, still thoroughly terrified of the nightmare, which I had again. Sam noticed I had woken up and set the book down on the nightstand next to him. He pulled me into a sitting position on his lap, pressing my head against his chest.

I began to cry again, silently, tears silently running down my cheeks, over my lips, past my chin and down my neck. Sam stroked my cheek with his thumb, wiping away the wet, salty tears. His lips were pulled into a tight line, his eyes showing fear and sadness for me. I sniffed and wiped away the rest of my tears.

"Sammy! Open up!" called Dean, yelling through the thick wooden door.

"Coming!" replied Sam, gently placing me back on the bed were I had been laying. Sam opened the door and I heard the click of a gun. I looked and saw Dean holding Sam at gunpoint.

"Get to the panic room, Sammy. Death has a surprise for you," Dean chuckled. I gasped, thinking he meant he was going to kill Sam. He peeked into the room.

"Don't worry, he's not going to die today," he said, smirking. I stood bravely.

"I'm not afraid to kill you though," I retorted, stepping in between Sam and Dean.

"He's getting his soul back," Dean said, grabbing Sam's arm and pulling him downstairs. Sam snapped suddenly, throwing punches and kicking anything, including me. He punched me in the stomach and I cried out, falling over in pain. I clutched my stomach and laid on the floor, curled up into a ball.

"Oh great, now look at what you did," Dean said snarkily, "get down there." Sam's eyes grew wide and he mouthed an apology to me. I gave him a small, weak smile, wincing at the pain in my lower stomach. I watched them as Dean led Sam down the stairs and a few minutes later, I heard a loud click, meaning the door to the panic room had shut and locked.

I stood, shakily, and limped downstairs, all the way to the panic room. Rose, Bobby and Dean were standing outside. I heard Sam through the peephole. He was begging for someone not to do something. I looked in and saw him strapped down on a bed and there, floating above him was the most beautiful light I had ever seen.

'That must be his soul,' I thought. The light was thrust into his stomach and he began to scream, and he screamed until the point his face turned as red as a tomato. I sat down on the floor and covered my ears and shut my eyes, trying to tune out the screams.

I stayed down for about five minutes before I finally stood again. The room had gone completely silent. I rushed over to the door and opened it quickly, and I ran over to Sam, who was laying completely still.

I gently placed my ear on his chest, listening for a heartbeat. I finally found it, but it was very faint. I could hardly hear his quiet, small breaths.

"Give him a while," said Bobby, "He just got his soul shoved back into him. That thing's been in the cage with Lucifer and Michael for all this time. Give his body a bit to process it." I sat on the floor next to him, unstrapping one of his hands and holding it against my cheek.

I sniffed, but no tears came. I guess I had cried so much lately, that I had become numb. I took deep breaths and unbuckled his other arm and his ankles. I listened as the others walked back upstairs, trying to give me a moment. I curled up next to Sam, placing both of his arms around me.

I finally felt a lone tear trail down my cheek and the emptiness overtook every other emotion I was feeling. I laid there, an empty shell, and listened to the sounds of our breaths. He shifted a bit.

"Hello? Who are you?" he asked, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

"Sam," I breathed, wrapping my arms around him. He was surprised and slowly wrapped his arms around me, obviously unsure of what else to do.

He walked upstairs and I followed close behind.

"Bobby, Dean," Sam breathed, wrapping them each in enormous bear hugs. They smiled and talked while Rose and I stood back.

"Okay, I have a question. Who are they?" Sam asked, pointing at Rose and I.