The New Days

Yumichika's POV

It's has been 6 months since Sia became how she is now. She had not moved from her bed. I take care of her 24/7. Captain Unohana came every now and then to check up on her. But she said Sia was not making any signs of recovering. It broke my heart. Right now i was making my way to Sia's house. I had to give her her drip and move her. I made my way there saying goods morning to everyone i passed. I had finally arrived at her house. I walked in and went through to her room. 

I opened the door and froze. I looked around. I started to panic. I could not see Sia. I jumped up and ran around her house. Searching. She was no where. I ran around and out the house. I ran through the garden still i could not see her. I decided to run to see if the captain knew anything. 

" Captain, have you seen Sia?" I asked as i burst into his office not bothering to knock. The captain looked at me like i was stupid. 

" I thought she was in her house." He clarified. This made me even more panicky.

" Well she is not there. This can't be good." I said. I then ran out the captains office closely followed by the captain. And yes the lieutenant was with him. Her mood, which is usually happy and cheerful, was now the complete opposite. We made our way through the barracks. Searching for her. We made our way to the barracks garden. The place is normal where people go to think. It was beautiful. Different types of flowers blossomed. It was just a field of colours. I hope she was there. We finally made it to the gardens. A smile replaced the three of our frowns. 

Sitting in the middle of the garden among the colours was Sia. The wind blue blew through her hair. I could hear singing. It was Sia.

"Can it be I'm not meant to play this part. Now i see that if i were truly to be myself, i would break my family's heart. Who is that girl i see staring straight back at me. Why is my reflection someone i don't know. Some how i cannot hid who i am though I've tried. When will my reflection show who i am inside. When will my reflection show who i am inside." She sounded like an angel. The song flouted around the place and it was almost as though the flowers danced in the wind. It was as if it was a dream. She turned around and looked at us. She was smiling. As if nothing had happened. Her deep blue shone with so much happiness. She was back. We smiled back. I walked over and sat next to her. She was running her fingers over a blue picked flower.

" Thank you. I know what you done for me. I owe you my life." She said. Her voice was soft.

" You don't need to thank me. I only did it because i care about you." Her head whipped around to look at me. Her hair followed close behind. She looked at me with eyes that were too beautiful to be real.

" Sia i think of you as a daughter. I love you as if you are my daughter. It only seemed right." Her face lit up. She than wrapped her arms around me giving my a tight hug. 

" Thank you." She said. I laughed.

" For what."

" For being my father figure." I was shocked. She never had a father figure before? What about her real father? 

" Where's your real father?" I asked 

" I have never met him. He left when my mother was pregnant with me. Only my brother and my mother knew him. I don't even remember my mother. You see the person that raised me was my brother. He was my mother, father and brother. And then he was killed." She stated to get sad again. I changed the subject.

" Everyone wants to see you. So lets get going." She nodded and stood up. We made our way through barracks. Everyone she went past said hello. The mood around the barracks seemed to lighten up instantly. There was one person that needed it the most though. Ikkaku. We made our way to the training grounds and right enough there was Ikkaku. Training his ass off. His way of dealing with things. 

"Ikkaku someones here too see you." I shouted over to him. He turned his face towards me. It soon went from anger to relief when he saw Sia's figure walk out from behind me. He walked over to us. 

" Look who woke up. After what 6 months." He said. Just as he finished Sia jumped on him. They fell too the ground with a thud. Sia was holding him in a tight hug. He tried to get her off but it was failing. Badly. It just made me laugh. 

" 5th seat Yumichika and Sia. The captain had requested to you in his office right away. " A man came up behind me. I turned to him and nodded. 

" Thank you." I said and he left. I turned to Sia who was now next to me. We made our way to the captains office. All we talked about was how the place had changed. We made it to the captain's office and i knocked on the door. 

" Come in." The captains voice boomed. Opened the door and we walked in. the captain say at his desk. surprisingly there was no paper work. 

" Well Sia how are you?" He asked. 

" Very well thank you." Sia replied. 

" That's good too hear. Now down to business. You know how my 4th seat is open." We nodded. 

" Yes, well after some thought i want to offer the seat to you. Sia." I was not surprised about this. I mean she is strong. But i looked at her face and you could see that she was really surprised.

" I don't know what to say. I mean." She stuttered. 

" It's okay. I do not expect an answer right away. Think about it for a bit." We then nodded and left. I was walking Sia back to her house when she said.

" What do you think? Should i take it up?" I thought for a minuet.

" I think you should take it. You would be a great 4th seat." She did not look convinced.

" You know what go home. Get some sleep. Think about it over to night." By this time we were at her house. She nodded. I then pulled her into a hug. I gave her a quick kiss on the head and said.

" Right, come on. I will see you tomorrow. Stay safe."

" You too." She said and walked back to her house. I watched as she made her way safely into her house. I turned around and headed to my room. I hope she takes the seat. She really does deserve it.

I do not own the song all rights go to Disney!