The first day of training

Sia's POV

Yumichika has been as close as ever with me since i woke up. Even more so since i became 4th seat. Both of us are heading to the training ground were the first training session is going to take place. And i am leading it. I have to say. I am nerves.

" Sia are you alright?" Yumichika asked out of no where.

" Yeah i am fine. Just nerves. I have taken lessons before in the academy but not anything to do with fighting." I said. When i was in the academy i had taken revision classes but i never done anything like fighting. We made it to the training grounds where everyone was standing talking. I looked at yumichika. He smiled.

" This is your training session be hard on them. Trust me they need it." He said. I nodded. I faced the rabble of people. I took a breath.

" Form up men." I half heartedly called. No one moved.

" You can do better than that. Your the 4th seat of squad 11 for goodness sake." Yumichika told me. I nodded and took a deep breath. like he said i am the 4th seat. 

" Right form up now!" I belted out with ask i had. The men quickly formed up. I stated to pace back and forward in front of them. 

" From now on. Everyday at this time you are all to report here for training." I said loud enough for everyone to here.

" Under who's order?" A man shouted out from the squad of men.

" That would be under mine and captain's orders. If you have a problem with that i am sure the captain would love to hear it." No one spoke after that.

" Good now. I want you all too find a partner. You will be sparing for 5 minuets so i can see how well you all fight. Go" I watched as there was a rabble and the it sorted itself out into pair. I watched closely and saw they lack in my areas. I thought of way to get around these. The 5 minuets is up.

" Form up." Everyone rushed back into formation.

" While i was watching the fights. I noticed that we are lacking in several thing. 1 You are not assessing your opponent. 2 Just because you opponent is on the grind does not mean you have won. 3 The most important on. There is no balance in your swings. In every attack and defense there must be a balance." Everyone was looking intensively. Wanting to learn. I continued. 

" We will start today's lesson with problem number 3. When you understand what i mean your fighting ability will rise that i promise. Now listen very closely. In this world everything had an opposite. To be a better fight you have to balance to opposite. You must balance being tough with being gentle. " i looked at everyone. They just looked at me like i had been talking in a different language. I see i am going to have to make this simpler. 

" Okay look. Earth, Sky. Day, Night. Sound and silence. Dark and light. Only one alone will never be enough. You need both together." Then they all under stood. I walked over to the bo staffs.(search it) 

" You will need these." I said through everyone one. I then made my way back to the front of the squad. I stopped when i was in the middle. I held out my own bo staff in front of me going from left to right.

" Let me give you a demonstration. Some times destroying things completely is not the best thing to do. So you want to cut through the object without destroying it completely. To do this you must be able to balance strength and being gentle. Yumichika. Please through the two watermelons into the air." I asked still facing the squad. I closed my eyes and focused on the balance of strength. When the melons where close enough to the ground i made my move. I thrust my bo staff to the right and to the left. Catching both of them. I had made a clean hole in each one but i have not smashed them. I stood straight. 

" Your turn." i smiled. This it's going to be good. For a while the men tried and tried again and again but with no success. I made my way over to a man that looked about my age.

" Hello, how are you doing? " i asked as i approached him he look like he was concentrating really hard.

" Good ma'am. But i have to say when you did it you made it look really easy." I just smiled and walked closer. 

" I will help you. Now i want you to concentrate. Breath deeply and listen to everything around you. Realize that everything had a opposite. Then and only then you will be able to complete the task." I said. I looked at the boy who had his eyes closed taking in and doing just as i told him. I watched him. I felt he was beginning to understand what i meant. He opened his eye. They were full of determination.

" I am ready. I understand." I nodded and took a melon. I through it up into the air and i watched as it fell to the ground. A smile then found it's way to my lips. He had managed to make a clean hole in the melon. I look at him and started to clap. 

" well done." I said. He said thank you and was about to walk away when i asked.

" What is your name ?" I asked. I stopped and replied.

" Evan Clark ma'am. " man i really hate being called ma'am it makes me sound old.

" Well Evan. Please call me Sia. Ma'am makes me sound old." He nodded and laughed. I looked and and noticed everyone was tired. I decide that we should call it a day.

" Well done everyone. Training i finished for today. Be here tomorrow same time." I called. Everyone started to leave. I turned to Evan.

" You did well today Evan. Keep up the good work." I said as we shook hands. He smiled and then left. It was just me and yumichika now. I walked over to him. I decided i wanted to have a little fun with him. So i snuck up behind him and brought my bo staff down to hit his head. But it never happened. He took another bo staff and connected it with mine. I retreated and smiled.

" Very sharp." I said. He made a funny angry looking face.

" What do you expect my captain and 3rd seat are prick that only really think about fighting." He said taking my staff and putting it away with his. We safe our way back to the main building were yumichika went one way and i went the other. We said our goodbyes and i started to head back home. I got half way there and remembered about someone who i have not seem in a long time. I decided i should pay him a little visit. I turned around but them remembered i don't know the way. I decided to go with my guts. They have never let me down yet.