Chapter 35

*Zach's point of view*
       "When are you going to ask Mia out?", Jonah asks. "I'm not sure yet. I'm still trying to find a good place to have a date." "Isn't there a fair?", Jack asks. "I don't know if that's a good place to take her." "Why not?", Jonah asks. "It doesn't seem extravagant like she deserves", I shrug. "Didn't you ask her what she would want to do on a first date?", Jack asks. "I asked her", I nod. "What'd she say?", Jonah questions. "The fair or the beach." "Then what's wrong with the fair? If that's where she would have fun take her", Jonah explains "That's true and Mia isn't fancy like other girls. She just wants to have a good time", Jack agrees. "I guess I could take her to the fair." "And get her pizza", Jack adds. "You can't forget to get her pizza", Jonah states. "I'm going to as-" I get interrupted by a knock on the door.
       I open the door to reveal Mia and Kylie. "Hey!", Mia greets me wrapping her arms around me. "Hey", I greet her wrapping my arms around her. "Just date already", Kylie mumbles and walks inside. I blush and look down at Mia. She had her face hidden in my chest. She lets me go and we go inside. "Psychopath is here!", Daniel yells ruffling Mia's hair. She sticks her tounge out at Daniel. "What's up?", I ask. "We're going to the beach and Kylie wanted to see her prince charming." "And you didn't want to see me?", I pout. "As much as I see you I did want to see you", Mia replies smiling at me. "We're going to the beach!", Corbyn announces. "Get ready!", Mia rushes me shoving me towards the stairs. "Someone's impatient today", I laugh. I go upstairs and get pulled into Daniel's room.
      "Ask her at the beach", Daniel says. "I don't know", I mutter. "If you don't ask her out I'll do it for you", Jack says. "No no no!", I shake my head. "It won't get wrong", Corbyn assures. "Kylie thinks she likes you too", Jonah says. "Okay I'll do it", I sigh. "Really?" "No." "Hurry up!", Kylie yells. "You can pull Mia aside and ask her out", Jonah says. "I said I wasn't going to do it", I respond. "Mia! I have something to tell you!", Jack yells with a smirk. "Mia! Mia! Zach li-" Before Jack could tell Mia I put my hands over his mouth. "You win", I say. The boys cheer and run off to get ready. I leave Daniel's room and see Mia attempting to pull on one of my hoodies.
       "Are you trying to put your head through the sleeves?", I laugh helping Mia. "It smells like you", Mia comments. I raise my eyebrows at her. "It's not a bad thing", She says flashing me her million dollar smile. I chuckle and look for swimming trunks. "I'm off to invade your kitchen privacy!", Mia yells walking out of my room. "Don't eat my Oreos!", I shout. "Oops!" I smile and get dressed. I go downstairs to see Mia tackling Daniel. "Get her off! Get her off!", Daniel yells with fear laced in his tone. "Psychopath! Psychopath!", Daniel screams. Mia laughs and tickles Daniel. "Zach! Help!", Daniel crys for help. "I rather watch." Mia gets up. She looks adorable in my hoodie. It's way too big on her. She flails her arms around trying to slap Corbyn with the long sleeves. "She's attacking!", Corbyn screams shielding his face. I wrap my arms around Mia's waist to stop her from hitting Corbyn with the sleeves. "If this isn't Zach I'm going to slap you", Mia says before turning around. I smile at her. She returns the smile and grabs my hand. She pulls me outside to Kylie's car. The boys and Kylie get out of the house. Kylie and Jonah get in the front seats. While Mia and I are in the back. The rest get into our car. "Off we go to Neverland!", Mia yells. "Mia?", I ask. She turns her attention towards me.
       "You are single, right?" "Yup." I nod and play with my hands nervously. I can't believe I'm going to confess my feelings for her today. If she agrees on going on a date with me I want to take her to the fair and to get food. Then we can do something random like get ice cream. "Do you like someone? Like do you need help asking them out?", Mia asks. "Why do you ask that?", I ask. "You've been asking me a lot of relationship questions", Mia explains. "I've just been curious", I lie. "Oh", Mia mumbles turning away from me.
       We arrive at the beach and get out. Mia takes off her clothes and runs towards the water. "Cold! Cold! Cold!", Mia yells when her feet touch the water. She runs back to us. "Didn't think that through", She mumbles. "Come on Mia!", Daniel yells dragging her towards the water. I sit on my towel and go on my phone. After a few minutes my phone gets snatched away from my hands. "Hey!", I complain. I look up and see Mia running away with my phone in her hands. "Give it back!", I yell running after her. She runs towards the rocks. I hear her giggling as I get closer. She stops running and turns around. "You're not fun", Mia whines. "Yes, I am!", I argue. "Then let's play on the beach or something!", She exclaims. "Or something?" "Let's just have fun", She shrugs.
       This might be the only chance I have to tell her. I rub my sweaty palms on my shorts. "Um Mia, I have something tell you to", I blurt out. Mia raises her eyebrows obviously confused at the word mess I blurted out. "I mean I have something to tell you", I correct. "You can tell me anything."

_________________________________________
Word count: 993
Thank you all for being super nice. I really appreciate it. I don't know if I'm updating later. I feel bad for the cliff hanger but it's exciting that way.