Part 3

Ivar opened the door, I entered the hut after him. He grabbed some mead for us, and he told me to sat on the bed. He crawled towards the bed and gave me the mead and sat next to me.

"Thank you Ivar. Not just for the mead but for everything." I say looking at him.

"You do not need to thank me, I told you I can not stand you become a monster like me." He says looking away from me.

"Ivar, you are not a monster, if you were, I would not be here with you." I say with a soft voice, but he did not say anything.

"Ivar, do not listen what others have to say about you. If you were a monster, you would not care about me." I say, putting my hand on his chin, making him look at me.

"Is not what others have to say, is what I know about me. I can not control my anger, I can easily hurt someone else." He says with sadness.

"I have seen you get angry, you never hurt anybody." I say whispering at him.

"That is because you never saw the worst in me, my dark side. I might even hurt you." He says taking my hand off his face.

"You would not hurt me, look at you now." I lean closer to him and I grab his hand.

"You can never know that for sure, I can not know this. I would never forgive myself if I hurt you." He says looking at me.

"What can I do to prove to you, that you are not going to hurt me and I am not afraid of you Ivar, I trust you." I say with a smile on my face.

"You should not trust me, I do not even trust myself." He says with a harsh tone.

"But I do trust you, and I am going to show you, that you do not need to be afraid of hurting me." I say laying on the bed, his face was nothing but confusion.

"What are you doing?" He says.

"Well, I am going to sleep here. If we can spend a night together, you will know for sure that I am not afraid of you." I say putting the furs over my body.

"This is a bad idea." He says almost whispering.

"Are you going to stay there or are you going to sleep?" I ask with a smirk.

"Fine." He says with a defeated look.

We both slept right after, and I was determined to show him that I was not afraid of him. That he could trust himself around me.

The first light of sun entered the hut and I woke up, just to feel Ivar's hand on my waist and his breathing on my neck, I prayed to the gods that this moment never ends. But they had other plans, because I heard Sigurd laughing at the corner, waking up Ivar.

"What is the meaning of this? Did you force Steena to sleep with you Ivar?" Sigurd says with anger and bitterness on his voice.

"What are you doing here? Get out." Ivar says clenching his jaw, and I knew that he was angry.

"He did not force me to do anything Sigurd. I am here for my own free will." I say to the brother, who looked at me shocked.

"Then you are insane, bedding a crippled." He says with a sarcastic tone.

"I told you to get out, get out now Sigurd." Ivar says leaving the bed.