Part 17

"Yes." I whisper looking down, I can't even look at him.

"I will not let that happen. I will never allow him to raise my sons." He crawls to the bed and look at Brynjar and Eirik sleeping.

"They are not going anywhere, we will live here in Kattegat. You are their father and no one else." I tried to sound calm, but I couldn't.

"So are you going to stay here? Just to rub at my face that you are not mine?" The anger and sadness in his eyes, made me feel so guilty.

"Ivar..."

"I do not want to hear, just do not let my sons anywhere near him." He walks out of the room.

I started to cry, I was marrying someone that I don't love. Someone that could have any woman, but he choose me? Why? Endre obviously want children, but he promised me that he wouldn't touch me. I guess that his feelings for me are genuine, which makes me feel even more guilty.

"Steena, I want you to wear this dress today, I asked some slaves to make them." Largertha says, taking me from my thoughts.

"Thank you Largertha, I do not know what I would do without you." I smile at her, wiping the tears off my face.

"You do not need to thank me, I already told you, you are like my own child. I just wished that your father was here, to put some sense in your head." She laughs and kisses my forehead.

"How I miss him, and my mother. They would scream at me, for doing this." I look down, remembering my parents.

"I know, your father could be very scary, but he had such a great heart. Just like your mother."

"She never told me how she met you."

"Well, we grew up together. And your father grew up with Ragnar and Rollo, your mother was there when I gave birth to Gyda and Björn."

"You had a daughter?" I asked surprised, I didn't know that Largertha had another child.

"Yes, she was just like you. Too kind with everybody, my heart died a little when she died." She looks down, I could see that the death of her daughter still affected her.

"I wish I could met her, I am sure that we would be great friends." I hug her tightly.

"I know you would. Steena, promise something." She looks serious at me.

"Anything." I give her a little smile.

"If Endre hurt you, in any way, you have to tell me. No matter what, do you promise me?" She put her hands on my shoulder.

I stare at her and I say: "I promise, I will tell you."

"Good, now you need to get dressed. I will ask some slaves to help you to get ready." She hugs me again and leaves my room.

I prepare a bath my sons, I bathe them and I feed them. I am doing this for Eirik and Brynjar, they are the only ones that matter in this whole situation.

The slaves come to my room and help me to get ready, I bathe and I put the dress that Largertha gave it to me, the slaves braid my hair. After some time someone knocked on the door, the slave let him in.

"I can not leave you for a few days and you manage to get married." Sigurd says chuckling.

"Yes, where were you?" I frown at him.

"I met someone." He looks down blushing.

"Really? Who? Tell me." My curiosity and excitement was obvious and made Sigurd laugh.

"Well, she is a shieldmaiden. Her name is Dagmar, she is beautiful and brave. I believe that I love her, the gods blessed me." He bits his lower lip and blushes even more.