Part 33

"Astrid, talk to me." I say to her, we are in the forest, she didn't say anything since we got here.

"Steena, there is no easy way to say this." She signs and looks down.

"Tell me, please. You are scaring me." I confessed to her.

"Ivar never loved you, Steena." She almost whispers to me.

"What?" I chuckled, this is ridiculous. What she is talking about.

"I am serious, before Endre took you, I saw him and his wife on the woods." She rubs the back of her neck.

"This is ridiculous." I was leaving when she shouts.

"Why do think that no one found you, all this years?" I stopped and looked at her.

"Because Endre took me away from Kattegat, we were far away from here." I told her with frowned face.

"No, because the Ragnarssons never bothered to look for you. They were glad that you were away, Ivar was glad. He could marry the love of his life." She looks down, why she was lying to me?

"Why are you lying to me?" I screamed to her.

"I am not lying, I am telling you the truth. Did you know that he had sons? Did you know about his daughter?" She looks at me with determined eyes.

"He met me a few weeks ago, he did not recognize me." I said with watering eyes.

"I told you, Steena. He even did not recognize you, Lagertha will never say that to you. She loves you too much, but you needed to know the truth." She pats my shoulder.

"But he did not care about his sons? Why he never looked for them?" I was crying so much, Ivar really never loved me? I can't believe that.

"No, he was so focused on her that was relieved that you and your sons were gone." She says with a soft tone.

"Why? What I ever do to him? All I did was love him with all my heart." I looked down, tears didn't stop to fall.

"Steena, he is a bad man. He does not deserve your family." She says to me, but I didn't respond.

"His wife was dead with his sons, he did everything to revenge their death. He killed, tortured and threatened every one. I am sorry to say this to you, but even his wife told him to look for his sons." She says with a hand on my shoulder.

"Why he did not did it then?" I asked her.

"He said that he did not cared what happened to his sons, that they were a mistake. That being with you was a mistake." She looks down again.

I hate you Ivar the Boneless, it's fine for me that you don't love me. But your sons were a mistake? I will kill you, I will make you suffer. You are going to be sorry for saying those things.

"He also said that if he never looked for you and your sons, all of you were going to die anyway. That you were never capable to survive without help, even less take care of your sons on your own."

"He even referred to you as whore and your sons bastards."

"Thank you for telling me the truth, but not worry, I will never tell Lagertha what you told me." I said with my head up, Ivar will never make me suffer again.

"I know you will not, this is why told you." She hugs me and walks away.

I went back to my room, my sons were sleeping already. I laid on my bed, thinking of everything that Astrid told me, Ivar will pay me.

I will have my revenge against you, Ivar.

..........................

One night all of us were at the Great Hall, my sons were playing with other kids. I was dancing, it was great to dance again.