Part 24.

Days passed since Endre got me, I still don't understand why Ivar and his brothers didn't find me yet. Endre let my sons with me, but his slave stays here all the time now.

It was early in the morning, I felt a breeze on the hut, but Brynjar and Eirik were still sleeping so I didn't open my eyes.

Endre entered the hut, so I tried to be still.

"How is she?" He asks the slave.

"She is still sleeping, she still has no idea that we are not in Kattegat." She chuckles, I can't believe that a woman is helping him.

So this is why Ivar didn't find me yet, I wasn't in Kattegat anymore.

"The crippled will choose his bastards and then I will kill his whore in front of him." He chuckles and it was harder to me be still.

"Ubbe is still looking for the slave and his son?" The slave asks says and my eyes went wide, the child, Ivar is not the father, Ubbe is.

"I gave back the child to him, but I killed his slave." He chuckles, and my heart feels heavy, Margrethe is dead.

She didn't do anything to me, Endre made her do it. She even tried to warned me, I feel bad for Ubbe, he really loved her.

Suddenly Brynjar and Eirik started to cry, I pretended that I was waking up and grabbed them.

When I looked the slave was gone and Endre was watching me, I hope that he didn't realize that I heard his conversation.

"Endre, can I ask you something?" I say to him with a soft tone.

"Talk."

"Can you wait until my child is born? I will be with you and I will never try to run away from you, just let my child be with Ivar." I begged him, I was desperate. If I was going to die, at least my child will live.

He took a deep breath before answering.

"Fine, I will wait until your bastard is born." He says with a annoyed tone.

"Thank you." I look down to my sons, at least they will see his little brother or little sister.

I wonder how is Ivar, I hope that he realizes that I'm not in Kattegat. I know that he is smart, he will get to me before Endre kills me.

---------------------------------

Months passed and I was with a huge belly, this pregnancy is just like the other, I don't even feel pregnant. Endre brought a healer to see me, I was surprised to see him caring for me like this. He is going to kill me, but he always made sure that I was fine.

I don't know how I'm so calm about this, I guess that I have my children to think about. I don't have time to worry about my fate, if the gods wanted, I was going to die. I just hope that Ivar can be happy, he deserves, I hope that he founds a good woman to take care of him. May this woman be good to my children.

Endre didn't come to the hut very often, I realized that he loves the slave and she loves him too. But I still don't know why he cares about me so much.

I was always tired, this child is draining my energies. One day I was resting in the bed, Brynjar and Eirik were walking on the floor. I believe that they will start to talk very soon, it was getting hard to keep them with me. They were growing up and wanted to explore the world, but I was afraid that Endre would be mad and killed them.

The slave walks in with Endre, I'm still shocked that I don't know her name.

"Is she fine? The child is fine?" She asks Endre, why does she care?

"Yes, they are, do not worry." Endre kisses her, I believe that it was in the cheek.

"The gods blessed her, she has no trouble to be with child." She signed, leaving me even more confused.

"I believe is because of her mother and father, they were great warriors, the gods saw it and blessed her daughter." The tone in Endre voice makes me confuse. He is sad, what is going on?

"I had so much trouble, when I finally had a child, he died. Why the gods would be so cruel to me?" She started to cry.

This is why Endre didn't rape me that night. This is why he is making sure that I'm fine, is all because of her. I almost feel bad for her, I don't know what I would do if one of my children died.

Brynjar and Eirik were running, making the slave laugh. She would had a son too.

"She is so blessed that she had two at once, twins. I just wanted one, the one we lost Endre." She's still crying.

"We will have sons and daughters my love, do not worry, we will have a big family." His voice is full of love, I never thought that Endre was capable of loving.

"Did you talk to the seer? What did he say?" Her voice is full of hope.

"He said that the gods will give us sons, we will be a family."

She laughs and kissed him, I don't know why, but I was happy for her. Having sons is the best thing that could ever happen to me, and have them with the man I love is even better.

Suddenly a I feel a pain and I know that is my child that wants to come out, it is ready to come to the world.

The slave tells Endre to get the midwife, she comes close to me and grabs my hands.

"Your child is coming, you need to be strong. Be strong for your child." She says to me.

I'm screaming, it's so much pain. But I need to be strong like she said, my child is going to be in my arms at any time.

Brynjar and Eirik were looking at me scared, I can't let them be scared.

"My sons, do not worry. Your little brother or sister wants to come to us, like you both did. Alright?" I asked them out of breath.

They nodded and climbed on the bed, they got close to me, and they started to caressing my belly.

The one people that are missing are Ivar, Lagertha and Ragnar, I don't know if I can do this without Lagertha and Ragnar. They were the ones that helped me, what if can't do this without them?