Bonus Chapter

We got to the land, it was beautiful, very different from Kattegat. It was warmer too, we were making camp.

"What did you think of this land?" Ivar asked me.

"I love it, it is so different from Kattegat, it is warmer." I kissed him.

"My love, look at that." He pointed to Brynjar and a shielmaiden.

They were talking, but I know that look. They are in love, deeply in love. I don't like that, he is my baby, and I don't trust that girl. Not until I get to know her more, know her intentions with my son.

"What is it? You do not like that?" Ivar asked teasing me.

"Ivar, I do not want that this girl break the heart of our son, do you know who is she?" I was really worried about this.

"No, but if you are so worried, ask Eirik, you know they tell each other everything." He kissed my cheek and left.

I was going to ask Eirik before I ask Brynjar, I need to know who this girl is.

"Mother, what happened? You look worried." Eirik asked me with a frowned face.

"Eirik, who is that girl that was talking to Brynjar?" I asked looking at him.

"Mother, I do not know what you are talking about." He stopped looking at me in the eyes, I knew he was lying.

I always know when my children are lying to me, I think this is why they almost never lied to me, almost.

"Eirik, you are lying to me. Who is that girl." I asked again, with a serious tone.

"Mother, I think you should ask Brynjar. He needs to tell you, not me." He signed and left me.

I was going to do that, I was going to ask Brynjar about that girl.

I was night and the army was making a fire, they were dancing, telling histories, drinking and eating.

I saw Brynjar, he was drinking alone. This was a perfect time to talk to him, I need to make sure that he's not going to get hurt.

I sat next to him.

"My son, what are you doing here alone?" I asked him, I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Mother, I need to talk to you." He said with a serious face.

"But first, let me ask you something." I said to him and he nodded.

"Who is that girl you were talking earlier, that shielmaiden?" I asked, looking at him in the eyes.

"Is about her that I want to talk about, she is the woman I want to marry." He said to me and my eyes widened.

"What? Brynjar, do you know this girl? Is she right for you? I do not want you to get hurt by her, you do not deserve that." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Mother, I am sure she loves me, the same way I love her." He smiles at me, and I see something that I never see before in his eyes.

"You really love her? She really loves you?" I asked again.

"Yes mother." He said to me.

"Alright, but I want to know her. I need to know if she is worthy of you, worthy of your love." I said to him.

"I can bring her right now." He starts to act like a child, I'm happy for him. If this girl makes him happy, I will love her like a daughter.

Brynjar came with the girl, she looked terrified.