Part 11

The next days Largertha and all of her army, were training everyday. I believed that they were going on a raid.

One day, I was holding Eirik and a slave girl was next to me holding Brynjar. We were watching Largertha and Astrid train, even though I saw Largertha train a lot, her skills always surprised me.

"Steena, I need to speak with you. Is something really important, can you wait for me at Great Hall?" She asks out of breath.

"Of course, I will be waiting for you there." I entered the Great Hall, and the slave followed me.

I grab Brynjar from her and I waited for Largertha. My sons were so good, they only cried when they were hungry, and they always slept all night.

"Let me hold Eirik for a moment." Largertha says with a bright smile.

I give him to her and she starts to play with him, seeing Largertha like like this with my sons always makes my heart melts.

"I need to ask you something." Her face was serious.

"You can ask me anything." I say to her.

"Do you love Aslaug?" She was studying my face, waiting for my response.

"She helped me when I had no one else, and I am grateful for her. But my mother since I can remember, taught me to love and admire you. Why are you asking me this?" I look at her confused.

"Well, I am going to get my revenge. She took my husband, my life, and I want her to pay." She explains to me.

"Are you going to kill her?" I ask her.

"Yes, is that a problem for you?" She looks at me concerned.

"I do not like when people die, but if you need to this, I will not stand in your way." I confess to her.

"Good, because we are going to Kattegat. And I need you by my side, can you do that?" She puts a hand on my cheek.

"You have my loyalty and gratitude, I will follow you anywhere. I love you Largertha, you are like a mother to me." I say with watering eyes.

"I love you too my child." She says to me.

I was feeling bad about Aslaug, but I wanted to help Largertha in any way I could.

"When are you going to do this?" I ask her.

"In a few days, we are going to Kattegat and I shall become queen." She says with excitement in her voice.

I was happy for her, but I do not know if I can see Ivar again. And if I was going to live in Kattegat, it would be more likely for him to see our sons.

"What I am going to do about my sons? I do not want Ivar to know about them." I say looking at my sons, the joys of my life.

"Do not worry, he will not see them. I will make sure of that." She tone was comforting.

"Thank you Largertha." I give her a bright smile.

"Do not thank me, I am glad that you are going with me. We need to talk about when we enter Kattegat." She says worried.

"What about it?" I ask her confused.

"Well, I will never put you or your sons in danger. So you are going to wait at the gates, and wait for someone pick you up." She says softly.

"Alright, I will do as you say." I nodded at her.

"Good, now let's eat. I am starving." She laughs and we give my sons to some slaves and we started to eat.