Part 32

Ivar's POV

I looked for my family for weeks, it was horrible, not knowing where were they. I was alone looking for them, it was faster, I went to every city nearby, but no one saw them.

I went back to my city, I didn't told my brothers about Steena. I was trying to get her first, for them to see her in person. And I didn't want to admit that I lost my family again, it was too painful.

When I got to my city, my brothers were waiting for me. They looked worried.

"Brother, where were you?" Hvitserk says with a worried voice, while I got off my chariot.

"I need to tell you something, call Sigurd and Ubbe." I told him.

He nods and went to call them, I looked and saw Bergljot running towards me. She is so big now, and she has green eyes now, just like her mother.

"Father, I missed you." She hugs me and kiss my legs.

"I missed you too, I need to tell you something." I said to her, she always puts a smile on my face.

"What happened father?" She said curios.

"I found them, they are alive." I whispered at her.

"Really, father? Where are they?" She says with widened eyes.

"I will get to them, and I will bring them here." I promised to her.

"I can not wait to meet them, father. Does my father know?" She was talking about Ubbe, she calls him father when he is not around.

"I will tell them today." I kissed her and she got back to her friends.

I entered the Great Hall and I sat on my throne, Hvitserk, Sigurd and Ubbe entered. It was a miracle that Ubbe wasn't drunk today.

"What is it, what happened?" Sigurd asks me, they were full of curiosity.

"I found them." I said looking at them.

"Found who? Who are talking about?" Ubbe asks me, he is angry already.

"Steena and my sons, they are alive, I saw them in that city." I told them and their mouths open.

"No, that is impossible, Endre killed them." Hvitserk says.

"No, I saw them, they are alive. I met my youngest son, his name is Halstein." I smiled, remembering my son, he is so intelligent and beautiful.

"Are you sure? It could be another woman." Sigurd says to me, he is scared that is not Steena.

I get it, he doesn't want to be hurt again. But it is her, I saw her, I touched her.

"I saw the scar, Sigurd." I told him, the scar that I made a long time ago.

"Are you serious?" Sigurd asks me and I nodded.

"So why she never came back?" Ubbe says something for the first time.

"I think that Endre threatened her." I say, it's probably what happened.