Part 16

"That is great, let's go talk to Largertha. I want to ask her permission." The excitement is his voice makes me feel bad.

I was not happy about this, at all.

"You go talk to her, I need to see the seer." I didn't wanna talk to the seer actually, but I guess that I didn't wanna believe that I was actually going to be married to Endre.

He left me on the place where the seer was, I entered, since I was here, I was going to ask about my sons.

"What do you want, Steena?" His voice always scared me a little, but not now.

"I want to ask about my sons, what will become of them?" I sit in front of him.

"Ahhh...." he chuckles. "Brynjar and Eirik, sons of Ivar. They will be great warriors, just like their grandfather."

This is a relief to me, my sons will be warriors.

"What about Ivar? And me?" I was curious about our future, even if I will be married, I want to know if someday we will be together.

"You will have to give yourself to the snake, the snake will force you, you will discover too late that the snake is evil. Do not trust the snake." He leans closer to me.

"Will I have other sons?" The words from Aslaug were hunting me, I needed to know if I will have other sons.

"Many sons, you are very fertile. The gods blessed you."

"With Ivar?" I was afraid of the answer.

"I spoke too much, I will not say anything else."

He gives me his hand and I licked, so I will have many sons, but I don't know if they are going to be with Ivar. Will I have sons with Endre? No, that's impossible, I won't be with him. The only man that I will be is Ivar, even if that means not being with any man at all.

I entered the Great Hall, I saw Endre and Largertha talking. I got close to them.

"There she is, my future wife." The excitement on Endre's voice made me feel bad.

"This is true? You really want to do this?" Largertha knows me so well, but I could never tell her the real reason. She could kill King Harald and his brother would kill her. I could see that they are very close.

"Yes." I said almost whispering and looking down.

"Well then, you two have my blessing." I could see that Largertha wasn't convinced, but I could never tell her.

"We must celebrate our marriage." Endre raise a glass.

"We are going to have a ceremony tomorrow, I can not wait for you to be my wife." He says smiling at me.

"Steena, I need to talk to you." Largertha calls me, she never used that tone with me.

I got next to her and she guides me to my room.

"Why are you doing this? What happened?" The concern on her voice made me cry.

"My child, why are you crying?" She hugs me, the way she hugs me, makes me miss my mother even more.

"Largertha, I need to protect my sons, and me." My voice was low, because my face was on her shoulder.

"You do not need to marry him for that, you have me, you will always have me." She put her hands on my cheeks, making me look at her.

"I can not always count on that, something can happen and...."

"Did something happened?" She furrows her eyebrows.