Part 10

The next day, I was at the Great Hall with Brynjar and Eirik. They were starting to sleep, when they finally slept I put them on the bed of my room.

When I was at Great Hall, a slave girl enters and says to me: "There is a man looking for you, he said that his name is Sigurd."

I could not believe it, Sigurd was here. Since that night I was really missing him, he helped me, on of the worst nights of my life.

"Thank you, I am going to find him." I say to the slave and she leaves.

I ran towards the barn and I saw Sigurd, he was putting his horse to eat and drink water. When I saw him, I ran towards him and I give him a long and tight hug.

"I can not believe that you are here, I miss you so much." I say smiling at him.

"Did your brothers know where you are?" I question him.

"I am sorry for coming here, but when my brothers said that they did not find you here, I was really worried, we were at the hunting hut. I left in the middle of the night." He says with a concerned look.

"When they were here, I was hiding in my room. I heard them, but they did not see me." I say giggling at him.

"Good, I was really worried that you could be hurt or even worst." He says relieved.

"I am not hurt, as you can see. Let's go inside and you can tell me the news about Kattegat, I have two people that I want to introduce to you." I say smirking at him.

We entered the Great Hall and he told me everything, but not about Ivar. I was not going to ask either, it was too painful to know the truth. He probably saw that I did not wanted to know about Ivar, so he did not said anything about him. He didn't even mention his name.

"So, who do you want to introduce me to?" He asks excited.

"Well, they are in my room. Close your eyes and I will guide you there. But be quiet because they are sleeping." I say while standing up and guiding him to my room.

He closes his eyes and I place him right in front of Brynjar and Eirik. When I told him to open his eyes, he looks at the boys with his mouth open and I laugh at his reaction.

"This are your nephews, Brynjar and Eirik." I say to him softly.

"They look exactly like Ivar." He says still shocked.

"Yes, I know." I say looking down.

For a few moments we don't say anything, but Brynjar open his eyes and I could see that Sigurd was really happy.

"Can I hold him?" He says looking at Brynjar.

"Of course." I say putting my hand on his shoulder.

He grabs Brynjar and looks at me and says: "Are you going to tell Ivar?"

"I do not know, maybe I will. But he will not be part of their lives, he does not deserve it." I say with sadness and anger in my voice.

"He does not deserve you or his sons, you are far too good for him. He does not deserve this family." He says to me.

"Thank you Sigurd, but do not be so hard on your brother. It is not his fault that I was stupid to believe that he loved me." I say kissing Brynjar on the head.

Brynjar was sleepy, but he managed to look at Sigurd with his piercing blue eyes and smiled at him. Making Sigurd melt.

"He is so beautiful and fragile, I think that he might break." I laugh at his confession.

He puts Brynjar back to bed and says to me: "I am glad that Largertha is good to you, and helps you with your sons. But I believe that is time for you to return to Kattegat, for your sons to grow up and have the same childhood that you had."

I froze with words, it was true. Despite the things that happened with Ivar, living in Kattegat was one of the best things of my life.

"If I decide to go back, you will help me?" I say to him.

"I will always help you, no matter what." He says kissing my forehead.

"Come on, let them sleep. Let's go outside so you can meet Largertha, she is the best thing that could happen to me and my sons." I say excited that the two people I trust the most will get the chance of knowing each other.

Sigurd puts his arm on my shoulder and we left my room, entering the Great Hall I froze. I saw someone that I thought that I would never see again, Ivar was sitting at Largertha's throne looking at us with rage in his eyes.

"Well I knew that you were going to see your whore, but I did not think that it would take so long." He says sarcastically at Sigurd.

"What are you doing here? Did you follow me? And how did you get here?" Sigurd questions him.

"I have been following you for months, I knew in my heart that you helped that whore to leave." He says pointing at me.

His tone were nothing but cold, he never spoke to me or about me like this before. He again managed to break my heart, I started to cry.

"Do not speak of her like this, she is not a whore." Sigurd defends me.

"Of course she is, did you know that she slept with me too? That she moaned my name over and over again?" He says with a smirk on his face.

"Stop it." Sigurd screams.

"And you? Did told him that you love him too? Or did he told you?" He says with a cold voice.

I could not speak, I tried but nothing came out. I just cried, he thinks so little of me. He never loved me, and I would make sure that he never met his sons.

"ANSWER ME, WHORE." He screams at me, making me jump back.

"You are going to be sorry for speak those things, you did not deserve her." Sigurd says to him.

"I do not deserve her? She is just a whore, nothing more." Ivar says pointing at me.

"What is going on here?" Largertha says standing at the door.

I ran towards her and I hugged her tightly, she pats my head and says to Ivar and Sigurd: "You two are better leave, or you are going to be sorry." Her tone was threatening.

They leave and I cried even more, Ivar speaking those things to me, was worst than a thousand knives entering my body.

Largertha lifts my head and she looks at my eyes and says: "Do not worry, I will make him pay for this."

I wipe the tears off my face and I confessed to her: "He will pay, he will never know his sons. He will never hold them, he will never tell them histories, he will never see them smile or hear their laugh."

She smiles at me and hugs me again, her hug was comforting and warm. She says to me: "He will pay more, for making you suffer like this. You are like my own child, he will never speak like this with you again."

"He is gone, I do not think that he is going to come back. It is over." I say to her.

"No, this is not over. I believe that is just the beginning." She says almost making a promise.