Part 39

I opened my eyes slowly, it was a little hard to do it. My head hurts and I don't know where I am, what happened to me?

I looked around and I recognized the place, it's Ivar's hut. But why I'm here? I looked at a chair and I saw Hvitserk and Sigurd, they were sleeping, they looked really uncomfortable.

"Hvitserk, Sigurd?" I called them.

"Steena? You are finally awake, how are you?" Hvitserk told me with a sleepy voice.

Both of them sat on the bed with me.

"What happened?" I asked them.

"After your children were born, you slept and did not wake up. Ivar and Lagertha thought that it best for to stay here until you woke up, we were so worried that you were not going to wake up." Sigurd told me.

"And Brynjar, Eirik and Halstein came here every day, they were always asking to wake up." Hvitserk told me with a smile on his face.

"Wait? Children? I had children?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, a boy and a girl." Sigurd said to me.

"Sigurd go tell Lagertha and Ivar, they need to know that Steena woke up." Sigurd nodded and went out of the hut.

All what I was thinking is my children, I had a boy and a girl. I couldn't be more happier, it's the best thing to me, I gave Ivar a daughter.

After a few minutes, Lagertha and Ivar entered the hut, and she was holding my children. Brynjar, Eirik and Halstein came running to me.

"Mother." All of them screamed and hugged me on the bed.

"Be careful with your mother." Ivar warned them, but he didn't come close to us.

"This are your babies." Lagertha put them on my arms, they were sleeping.

"What are they names?" I asked, I was crying already.

"Balder and Audhild." Ivar said but he didn't look at me in the eyes.

Lagertha and Hvitserk looked between us and they started to leave, bringing Brynjar, Eirik and Halstein. It was only me, Ivar, Balder and Audhild.

"Ivar, come to bed, please." I asked him, but he didn't do anything.

"Ivar." I called him again.

"What it is Steena? You did not wanted to be with me when you where in labor, you wanted Lagertha. You broke my heart, I almost died thinking that it was my fault, I wanted to be there for you, help you and you refused." He wasn't angry, he was hurt, deeply hurt with me.

"Ivar, I am so sorry. I was mad at you, but I am sorry. Can you forgive me?" I begged him.

"Of course I can, I could never be mad at you. You are the love of my life, and I will always love you." He crawled to the bed and sat behind me, I put my head on his chest.

"Did you like the names?" He asked me, and he kissed my cheek.

"Of course, I love them." I said to him.

"I was so scared that you were going to die, I could not lost you again." He whispered in my ear.

"Ivar Ragnarsson, you are not going to get rid of me that easily." I chuckled and he laughs.

"Good, I hope not." He chuckles.

"They are so perfect, thank you so much." I said to him.

"What for?" He asked confused.

"For taking care of them while I was sleeping, and I could not be there with all of you." I said to him.

"My love, I would do it again and again. But I do not have to, we are going to do that together." He whispers to me and we slept right there.