Part 15

Warning: This chapter contains sexual assault.

When I woke up in the morning Ivar was gone, I really enjoyed last night, me, him and our sons sleeping in the same bed.

I walked to the Great Hall and I saw Largertha talking to two men, they both had tattoos on their faces, they were so intimidating.

Largertha looks at me and gives me a bright smile.

"Steena, my sweet child. Come meet those men. This is King Harald and his brother Halfdan."

I turned to them and I give them a shy smile, I couldn't know why, but their gaze on me made me feel uncomfortable.

"So this is the daughter of the great Kaya? You are so beautiful, just like your mother. I met her in Paris." Harald says with a devious smirk on his face, I felt a shiver down my spine.

"Really? She did not mention you." I realized that could hurt his feelings. "Not that I remember anyway." I fake a laugh, trying to hide my discomfort around them.

All of them laughed, I was glad that they didn't saw how uncomfortable I was. They talked to me for a little longer, then I heard my sons crying, they were probably hungry.

I excused myself and I went to Brynjar and Eirik, they were hungry. After I fed them, I went outside with them and I stayed there, enjoying the sun and the company of my sons.

"So those are your sons?" I look and I saw Endre, I was happy to see him, he was a friend and I really enjoyed talking to him.

"Endre, is good to see you. I have not seen you since that feast." I gave him a smile, I could see that he wanted to hug me but I didn't give him the chance.

Even if I felt comfortable with him, I didn't appreciate other men touching me. I know that it was stupid of me to think that but, Ivar is the only man that can touch me, the only men that can kiss me, make me feel wanted, even if he didn't love me like I love him.

"Yes, I know, and I apologize. I was handling some matters, about the trip to England. It takes a lot of my time. But I am here now, I heard the gossip. Is it true? Ivar met his sons?" I was surprised by his sudden interest in Ivar, but I believe that he is just worried about me.

"It is true, he met them. He even slept with us tonight, in our bed." I say smiling, remembering last night, even if we didn't made love yesterday, it felt as intimate as if we did.

"I see, so you two are back together? I am only asking because is what it seems." His voice was full of curiosity.

"No, we are not together." My voice is full of sadness, Endre realized the sadness on my voice.

"No, I did not ask to upset you. I am just concerned with you and your sons. Steena I want to tell you something, actually since the I met you, I need to tell you this." He says looking down, I swore that he is blushing.

But before he could ask me, Ivar comes to us and gives Endre an angry look.

"I will talk to you later." He smiles at me and walks into Ivar's direction. "Ivar." He nods to Ivar and leaves.

"I do not like him, I want you away from him." He didn't even look at me, I could tell that he is really angry.

"Ivar, he is my friend. Besides my mother and father knew his father, they were friends." I said in the most soft tone possible, I did not want to anger him. Not because I was afraid, but because just the thought of making him angry or sad, sicks me.

"I do not like the way he looks at you, like he will take you anytime." He looks at me, I see jealousy and insecurities, Ivar was afraid of me going to Endre, leave him, and take his sons away from him.