Average

A/N: Hey everyone!! So since this is my first book, the first few chapters may not be great, but bear with me!! I'll leave all my social media info down below so make sure to check that out! If you like this chapter, please vote, comment, or share! Thank you!!

_ _ _ _

Christina

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

I roll over and groan and try my best to stop the noise coming from the blaring alarm clock. I should really try an alternative to that loud thing. Reluctantly and slowly, I make my way out of the cozy bed and step into the bathroom to do my usual morning routine. Once I finish brushing my teeth, I take a look in the mirror and just take a moment to wonder out loud. I'm decently average, nothing more and nothing less. I have waist length hair that is a deep chestnut  brown, plain brown eyes which I happened to inherit from my father, whereas my mother's eyes were a deep blue with a touch of emerald green. Why couldn't I inherit her eyes?  My nose was well-rounded and small, and my chin was somewhat structured. Another thing that I got from my father. People say that we look alike, but I really wish they would all say anything but those words.

A father is supposed to be someone who holds purpose in your life. A father is supposed to pick you up when you fall off your bike or buy you ice cream after a rough day. But my father? I wouldn't even call him that.

I continued to stare in the mirror a bit longer until my mother walked in. My mother is beautiful. There was no doubt about it. She was fairly petite, with short brown hair that contrasted her olive tinted skin and framed her small face perfectly. She's delicate and gentle and she's always there to pick me up when I fall. I couldn't have asked for a better mother. She worked in a small business firm down the street and was rarely home due to her scheduled shifts but I didn't mind. Even with her crazy schedules, she always managed to make time for me and listen to whatever I have on my mind. 

"Good morning, my love" my mother said as she walked in my room and sat on my bed. "Morning mum" I replied with a smile. I walked over to where she was sitting and gave her a hug. I looked at her and noticed that she looked very tired. I don't blame her at all-she does have a crazy schedule. But that didn't mean that I would just sit around and do nothing about it. "Mum, you look absolutely exhausted," I said. "Let me make you breakfast." I started to get up but she gently took hold of my wrist and sat me back down. "No, no, its perfectly alright. Besides, you'll be late for school!"  I groaned at the mention of school. I didn't mind school at all. Call me a geek or nerd, but i actually enjoyed going to school. The only thing that I hated about school was the people who go there-or should I say the person who goes there.

Belle Rivers. Oh how I hate that name. I've known Belle ever since Kindergarten. And ever since then, she's been out to get me. Why, you may ask? I myself didn't even know why she disliked me so much. She's your typical mean girl. Long, perfectly straight black hair, long eyelashes (which are totally fake btw) a slim body that gets all the boys literally chasing her, and she has confidence practically oozing out of her. Oh boy.

But I never let her get to me. Oh who am I kidding? I'm terrified of the girl. She's literally a dog with claws. All bark and a whole lot of bite. How do I get myself into these things? Its official; the universe is against me. What did i ever do to deserve this? Oh well. Time to take a deep breath and get ready for school. Joy.

"Alright my love, I'll see you downstairs for breakfast."  mum said as she got off the bed and made her way to the door. After she closed the door, I began picking out an outfit for school. I feel blessed that I don't attend a private school where everyone's forced to wear a uniform. I mean hey, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against private schools, but I don't think I could go wearing the same uniform every single day. So after about 5 minutes of contemplating between  2 outfits, I finally went with a pair of light wash skinny jeans, paired with a white short sleeved top that had lace as the top layer and a white shirt underneath that, and some white strapped sandals. I applied some light makeup which consisted of a light layer of mascara, and a little bit of concealer to hide some acne which annoyingly made its way to my forehead. I took one look in the mirror and was satisfied with the result. As I made my way down the stairs, the smell of bacon floated in the air and made my stomach rumble. Woah there tummy. I skipped into the kitchen and grabbed myself a plate. I poured some orange juice into a cup and started to sip some of it. I watched my mum from where I was seated on the island, and as much as I tried to stop my thoughts, I couldn't help but remember my father standing behind her.

With his arms wrapped around her waist and slowly swaying to the beat of the soft music playing in the background as she cooked. They were so in love...or so I thought. Even after 8 years after the divorce, its still hard sometimes-especially on my mother. She tries to cover it up and puts a smile to cover up the pain, but I can see right through her and I know she's still hurting. Heck, I'm still hurting too.

Shaking my head at an attempt to clear all the painful thoughts, I look at my phone and realize that I have 20 minutes before the bell rings and I still have to drive to school. I quickly run over to mum and put some bacon, along with some eggs and dive right in. I didn't know I was starving until I took the first bite. And man that bite was delicious. After I finished eating (quite fast may i add), I put my plate in the sink and hugged my mum goodbye. Grabbing my bag and keys from the chair, I walked through the door, shutting it behind me, before getting in the car and driving off to school. School....yippee.

- - - -

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! If you did, please, please, please hit the star at the bottom or top!! Stay strong and beautiful everyone! Until next time!

~Elizabeth