Bonus Chapter

Christina's POV

With 3 weeks remaining until I was due, I truly felt like a blimp. I waded over to the mirror after an excruciating 10 minutes of trying to put some sweats on. Looking in the mirror, my belly was protruding very clearly, and I knew it'd be any day now until the baby would arrive.

But with having an additional weight on you, it became harder and harder to walk around, which results in me staying on the couch most of the time, while watching TV and such. Although, being on the couch is all fun and games, until you get tired of sitting around all day.

Blake had been working overtime lately; between cooking dinners, making breakfast, cleaning and working on the house, as well as finishing the nursery, I felt bad that he had to take on most of it alone. I had offered, begged even, to help him with the easy stuff, but he assured me he had it all under control.

Of course, when I heard a paint can fall off the ladder, followed by a string of colorful words come from Blake's mouth, he didn't try to decline my help. But even though he let me help, my job consisted of finishing the decorations. On the couch.

I guess you could say the couch had become my best friend, but I couldn't say I returned the feelings. I would do absolutely anything to do something other than laying on the couch all day. Unfortunately, the couch sounded like the perfect idea at the moment, considering something as simple as sweatpants could wipe me out.

Well, sweatpants and walking down the stairs...

I guess a 3 story house wasn't the ideal scenario for a pregnant woman. But, the house was beautiful nonetheless, especially because I had designed and decorated it with my interior design major, and Blake built and constructed it, as he majored in architectural structure.

And since Blake had run out to the hardware store to pick up a few last minute tools needed to finish the nursery, it was all up to me to make it down those stairs without pulling a hamstring.

And let me just say, these 3 weeks can't come fast enough.

I managed to squat and sit on the couch after many, many attempts, and unlocked my phone as I reached for the water bottle that sat on the coffee table. Just as I was about to take a sip, I felt the front of my sweats become wet, and a warm feeling spread through my body. Thinking I accidentally spilled water on myself, I checked the bottle. But when the bottle was completely dry, a sense of panic washed over me.

Before I could react to what was happening, a sharp pain shot through me, and I cried out in pain while I gripped my phone. Feeling another contraction coming on, I dug my nails into the side of the couch, while my other hand unlocked my phone as I scrolled to find Blake's contact.

I tapped on the contact and waited for him to pick up, taking deep breaths when another sharp pain hit me. He picked up on the second ring and sounded breathless when he answered. "Hey baby, what's wrong?"

I took a deep breath. "Blake, honey, don't freak--" I paused and hissed in pain, waiting for the pain to go away, "--but my water just broke."

I heard a heavy object fall with a 'thump' as he began to panic. "Oh my god, oh my god," he chanted over and over, "I'll be home in uh 10 minutes! Stay where you are and take deep breaths like the doctor said! I'm coming baby, just hold on!"

He ended the call, and I focused on breathing deeply like he said. I cried out in pain again, doubling over as the feeling came through.

Please hurry.

Blake's POV

"My water broke".

Those 3 words kept playing through my head, serving as my motivation to run faster. I needed to get home to Chris and our baby.