Wounded

Blake

The sun was streaming in through the window and as much as I usually enjoy it waking up to it, it was giving me a huge headache. But of course, the sun isn't to blame for my grumpiness, it was because I couldn't sleep.

And, why couldn't I sleep?

I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I tossed and I turned, but no matter the position I was in, I couldn't fall asleep. I even counted sheep.

That didn't help either.

So I stayed up until 3 in the morning, cooped up in the thought of her.

Get a grip Blake, you're starting to sound pathetic.

But I can't help it. She has this effect on me. Its like, as soon as I look at her, I can't stop. Call it pathetic, but its the truth.

As I layed there, events from yesterday came flooding in and a smile made its way to my face. Yeah, I was hooked, and I have been since I first saw her sitting there on the playground.

I walked into school and made my way down the hall,  ignoring all the giggles and stares directed at me from girls on either sides of me. I didn't care about all the other girls.

There was only one girl on my mind and she was the only one I wanted.

As I turned the corner, my breath caught in my throat.

There she was.

She was at her locker, switching out books that she needed for her class. She dropped a pen and reached down to get it. My eyes couldn't help themselves as they trailed down and observed her every move. 

Those jeans...damn they outlined her butt perfectly-

Snap out of it, Blake!

I shook my head to clear out all the dirty thoughts coming to my mind, scolding myself as to how I could even think those things.

She was alone. This is the perfect chance to go over there and talk to her.

Taking a deep breath, I put one foot in front of the other and made my way to her, being careful not to mess anything up. I was just about to reach her before she spun around and her gaze landed on me. Her beautiful brown eyes widened and a blush was creeping up her neck as she tried to lower her gaze.

She shut her locker and tried to take a step back, but ended up tripping over her feet and falling on the ground. She instantly became a bright red and looked anywhere but me.

She was so cute.

I leaned forward and reached my hand to her, at an attempt to pick her up off of the floor. Her eyes widened once again as she hesitantly reached up and took hold of my hand.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't ignore how perfectly her hand fit in mine as she grabbed it with her small one.

"Th-thank you." she said, shyly looking down.

Looking down, I realized we were still holding hands, and as if she read my mind, she pulled her hand away as if my touch burned her. I have to admit, that hurt but the feeling of our hands intertwined together came back to me and I instantly felt better.

Man, I was whipped.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to say something, a girl came running up to us.

"Chris! Where have you been? I've been looking all over for you!" she yelled.

Christina threw her a questioning glance, but didn't say anything. The girl took her arm and pulled her away.