Realization

this chapter will be a transition of both characters' POV (:

it will also be the second to last chapter before the book is officially over ): BUT there will be an epilogue and a surprise POV after that!

Blake

Maybe it was wishful thinking that my words would have some kind of impact on her. Something, anything. I told myself I'd be okay, that letting her go wouldn't be so bad.

Boy was I wrong.

I was going insane, absolutely insane. She kept me sane, she showed me the meaning of love.

They all say you don't know what you had, until its all gone. But with Chris, I knew what I had all along, and I loved every piece of her. Its funny really, feeling like you're on top of the world one second, then the next, feeling like absolute crap.

Even though I let her go, I didn't think she'd move on that fast. Just the mere thought of her loving anyone else brought a pain to my gut.

I walked over to my book shelf in the corner of my room, and scanned the shelf for a certain photo album. Once I found it, I plucked it off its spot, and sat on the edge of my bed, breathing in the smell of the pages.

I opened the book to the first page, and a picture of Chris smiling in a plaid shirt made me smile. But as soon as the smile came on, it faded just as quick. It was the day when I took her to my favorite hide out spot; the tree-house in the woods. We were in the car when Don't Stop Believin' came on, and she reached over and turned the volume up. She seemed so carefree and happy, as she stuck her head out the window and sung her lungs out.

I had taken my phone out of my pocket and took a picture as she singing, wanting to capture this moment of pure joy and happiness. Happiness I prayed I would get to wake up to each and every morning.

But it was the next picture that knocked the wind out of my lungs.

It was the day I asked her if she'd run away with me, to Paris, her favorite place in the world. I had been so nervous that day, doubts running in and out of my mind like a vacuum cleaner. I knew the chances of her saying no were slim, but I couldn't seem to wipe out the little voice in my head telling me she'd never say yes.

And so I sucked in my fears, took a breath, and asked her. Time seemed to slow down as her eyes widened, and she bit her lip.

That's it, I thought, she's going to say no.

But then her face broke into a breathtaking smile as she jumped on me and kissed me, not caring about the mud we were laying in. After we reluctantly pulled away, I chuckled as her cheeks turned a bright red as she bit her lip again.

God, that drives me crazy. She drives me crazy.

"I'll take that as a yes then?" I asked her, my tone light and teasing, yet my heart was threatening to beat out of my chest.

She brought her gaze back to me and smiled, as she nodded. The smile that overtook my face had never been wider. I sprung to my feet and took her in my arms, spinning her around as she giggled.

I closed the book shut before the tears spilled from my eyes, as I put my fist to my mouth, pressing my eyes closed.

If words won't work, maybe actions will.

But how can I prove my love for her, if she won't give me the time of day?

*   *   *   *   *