Holy sweet potatoes

Christina

I woke up with a huge smile pasted on my face.

It was like someone had grabbed a tube of super glue and drew a permanent smile.

I looked over to my dresser and admired the roses sitting in a vase, smiling back at me. Last night was officially one of the best nights of my life.

Why did this feel like a dream that I was experiencing wide awake?

I pinched myself, quite hard may I add, to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Nope, I'm awake.

This felt too good to be true.

I looked over to the roses again and my smile reappeared. Shaking my head, I cleared all the negative thoughts that squeezed their way in, and pushed them to the back of my mind. I got up and went to get ready for the day, humming a tune on the way.

I never hum in the mornings. I'm usually way too sleepy to even think in the mornings. But I was humming...in the morning.

Strange.

Finishing up my morning routine, I waltzed back into my room and began sifting through my clothes.

First humming in the morning, and now waltzing?

Oh my.

I just had my first conversation after 6 years with the boy last night, and I'm already falling for him again? No, I wouldn't let myself make the same mistake as last time. This time, I would be careful and keep myself guarded.

What was I saying? I've been in love with him ever since he picked up my book and wiped mud off of it.

Hold on, love?

I'm in love with Blake Thompson.

How do I get myself into these situations?

With a small smile, I got dressed in a floral maxi dress that went about mid-thigh on me and grabbed my denim jacket, while slipping into some nude pumps.

Applying only lip gloss, I got my bag and headed down to greet mum.

With a little spring in my step, I made it downstairs and skipped to the kitchen.

"Morning, mum," I said.

"Well, well, what's got you in such a good mood? Its not Christmas, is it?" she asked in mock panic.

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"No, mum, its not Christmas," I said.

"Oh I know honey. Its Blake." she said, casually.

I choked on my orange juice. Literally, full-on choked.

After I managed to cough out most of it, I gaped at her. I was too shocked to say anything. She laughed at my sudden change of mood and just sat there, giving me the 'I know what's going on' look.

"Mum, nothing's going on!" I said, still shocked.

"Mhm, yes dear. I believe you," she said with heavy sarcasm.

"H-how did you even know that we were together last night?" I asked, incredulously.

"I never said I saw you 2 last night. Care to explain to me what happened last night?" she asked, seriousness yet amusement in her tone.

Argh! I ratted myself out! What was I supposed to say?

'Hey mom, yeah he just came with a bunch of roses and we talked in the backyard '?