Run For It

Christina

"No."

"Aw, come on Chris, don't be such a party pooper."

After my small confession, Blake was determined to change that. Apparently, you 'haven't lived life until you've broken the rules once'. Or according to Blake, that is. I, on the other hand, was completely convinced to start running for the hills.

And I definitely would have if a certain someone's hands weren't currently wrapped around me, holding me in place. But who was I kidding? His touch was so warm and...cozy that it made my mind go all fuzzy.

Barnacles

"Can't we just stay like this?" I pouted.

"Ha-ha, nice try Chris-cross," he replied.

"But you're so warm," I whined.

Of course, that was only half the truth. He really was warm, but the other half of the truth? I was a chicken. I was scared to do anything that could potentially land me, I mean us, in jail.

"Chris, I know the real reason behind this, is because you're a chicken," he stated, as if he knew this for a long time.

I turned around so fast, I was surprised that I didn't trip over my own feet. My mouth was open agape, and I stared at him in shock, and amazement.

Had I said that out loud? How did he read my thoughts exactly?

He chuckled beside me and turned to look at me. "You didn't say it out loud if that's what you're wondering. I could easily tell by the way you kept bouncing your leg and twiddling your fingers."

Still shaking the shock off of me, I turned and looked at the place this baboon, my so called boyfriend, brought me to, and I started having second thoughts about letting him take me wherever he pleased.

We were standing on top of this building, where it was abandoned and the roof top was squared and overlooked the city, busy passengers walking to and fro. There was a bucket sitting next to us, filled to the brim with water balloons.

But they weren't just any water balloons. To an innocent stranger, they looked like ordinary, regular water balloons. But to a person who stood by and watched the boy that she was head over heels in love with, the stranger was completely clueless as to what was going on.

Because instead of water, those balloons were filled with glue.

Yep, you heard me right. Glue. And what were we supposed to do with these balloons?

Throw them at the poor, innocent people walking below us.

I tried to talk the master mind out if this crazy idea, but he was intent on making me feel alive. Although, if he knew that my heart started to beat a 100 mph every time I was near him, I was sure we wouldn't be stuck doing this.

But it was too late to argue now, since he was already handing 2 to me, and grabbing 2 for himself.

"You're not gonna chicken out now, are you Chris?" he asked me teasingly.

I scoffed at him, and shook my head. "I would never."

Yes, I would.

"Ladies first," he smirked.

Alright, I got this. I would prove to him that I'm capable of doing something bad. Even if it was against my will.

You can do this Chris, YOU CAN DO THIS.