Bonjour pt.2

Christina

"Chris, Chris," I heard someone say, "Chris, wake up! We're here!"

I sprung up and looked around. I peeked out of the window and the plane was safely  standing on the ground, the small workers whizzing around the plane like little ants. There was a sudden change in weather too. While back at home it would be cold and windy, it was warm and breezy here.

As I took a deeper look out the window, the sun was almost ready to set, casting a tinted glow to the already peach-colored sky. I sighed in pure content as I felt Blake slip his hands around me, his signature scent of apples and vanilla wafting up my nose.

"I can't believe I survived my first plane ride!" I squeled, bouncing in my chair out of excitement.

Blake chuckled beside me and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm proud of you Chris-cross," he said with a grin, "what do you say we get out of this plane, find our hotel, and go sight-see for a bit before it gets late?"

"Yes, please!"

As people began getting their luggage and walking out, it soon became our turn to do the same. Blake got up and got our suitcases down from above, and I gathered my bag, along with his carry on.

"Do you want some help with that?" I ask, as he struggles to pull our suitcases.

"Nah, I'm all good!" he says as he lifts a thumbs up, causing the suitcases to fall to the ground with a loud thump. I giggled as I stared at his sheepish face, while he attempted to pull them back up. I walked over to him and pulled the suitcases with ease, giving him a challenging look.

"Hmph," was his response, "beginners luck."

I flicked his arm and he shot me a lopsided smile. But that smile didn't last very long, as seconds later his lopsided smile turned into a devilish kind of smirk.

"Last one to the doors is a rotten egg!" he yelled as he took off, taking me by complete surprise.

"Hey! No fair!" I yelled as I tried to catch up, "You got a head start!"

"I know!" he yelled over his shoulder, "that's the fun in it!"

And so as I desperately tried to catch up, I gave up, as there was no use in trying. By the time I reached the doors, I was huffing and puffing, almost like the Big Bad Wolf.

"You," I pointed my finger at him as I tried to breathe, "are super unfair."

"Now, now Chris, you're just mad because you lost," he teased, pulling me closer to him, and of course, I let myself melt into his embrace.

No matter how hard I tried, it was always like a magnet pulling me in. I couldn't resist his touch.

And that, is pretty damn scary.

He loosened his grip on me, as he lowered his gaze to mine. "Your mum did say wait until Paris..." as his voice trailed off. And before I knew it, his lips were on mine, and I wasted no time in returning the kiss.

The kiss was passionate, and sweet, as if he was telling me he loved me, but through this kiss, it magnified the meaning by a very significant amount.

Feeling the stares of many people, we pulled apart and looked around. All around us, people had gathered and were all whistling and cheering. As I felt my cheeks heat up, I looked up at Blake, who had a blush coloring his cheeks. We shared one more kiss, before picking up our luggage, and waving at all the people who had watched our little exchange of affection.