Nerves

Blake

I was ecstatic. Christina Brooks was my girlfriend.

Girlfriend.

I like the sound of that.

In my old town, my mum wanted me to stay focused on school instead of girls. That doesn't mean that I didn't date. I dated girls but it was never anything serious. And by date, I mean go out to a movie here and there or just order take out and scroll through Netflix. Jake, my 'dad' kept telling me that it was highly irresponsible of me to date girls if I wasn't interested but it was him who suggested it in the first place.

He was starting to get the idea that I was falling for the opposite gender. I simply shook my head at the implication, knowing that were was only one reason why I wasn't going around, dating other girls.

I think you all know what that reason was.

Christina.

It was always her. Whether it was 5 am in the morning, or 10 pm at night, she was the only thing taking up all the space in my brain. She was like a drug and I was addicted.

Addicted on her.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I looked over to my clock and realized it was time to get ready and drive Chris to school. That's right, I was driving her to school. I don't know why that thought made me feel giddy with joy but it did. Maybe it was because I can't stand being away from her. Or maybe its the fact that I'm so in love with her, just seeing her smile was enough to make me feel like I was on cloud 9. Especially if I was the one who made her smile.

God, her smile was the most perfect thing on earth.

Sheesh, get a grip Blake. You've been dating for less than a day and you already sound like a love sick puppy.

Or maybe I've always been a love sick puppy and just now noticed...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Christina

Waking up, I brought my hand to my lips and touched them.

He kissed me.

Blake kissed me.

And the best part? It was all very real. He drove me home and serenaded me with more flowers and whispered sweet little things that he found cute about me. I practically had to clamp my hand over his mouth to get him to stop.

Last night was everything I've ever dreamed of and more. Even coming home to a very stern looking mother didn't dim my mood. I decided not to tell her about last night until this morning when she's all fresh and kinda cheery.

I got up and skipped down to the bathroom and then waltzed (once again) into my room and looked through the closet until I found something that matched what I was feeling; happiness. Pure happiness.

I decided on a beige denim skirt that reached close to mid-thigh, a black top that had a criss-cross pattern on the back, and a pair of black and white high-top converse. And to top it off, a light layer of mascara and a little blush.

There, done.

I twirled in the mirror a couple of times and smiled in satisfaction. Grabbing my bag and keys, I took a deep breath and went down to greet my mother. Now, where were those ear plugs?

After I gave up the search for ear plugs, I made my way downstairs and walked into the kitchen, expecting a serious-faced mother. But instead, I was met with a note stuck to the edge of the island.