When It Rains, It Pours

Christina

The pain I felt at that moment, couldn't compare to anything I've ever felt before. Now I truly understood the meaning of 'a heart being ripped out of a chest'.

Before I knew it, a gasp escaped my lips, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and then the waterfall let lose. I covered my mouth with my hand, in attempt to hide the choked sobs escaping me.

But it was too late.

He pushed her off of him, and wiped his mouth violently in attempt to snap out of what had happened. His eyes snapped to mine, and that's when I lost it.

He looked so broken, so vulnerable. I couldn't let myself see him like that, I'd cave in like I always do, and I don't think I could forgive him for this.

So doing the only thing my heart was yelling, I took off.

Where?

I hadn't a clue, but all I knew was that I needed to get out of here, and fast. But my legs could only go so far, and before I knew it, my legs started to give out, and I fell onto the ground, mascara running, matted hair, and a broken soul.

The universe definitely wasn't on my side today, upon seconds later, I heard my name being  called as the voice got louder and closer.

"Chris!" the voice called out, "wait!"

Oh god.

It was him.

No no no!

I picked up the pace but suddenly felt someone grab my arm, holding me in place. I shut my eyes, praying that it wasn't who I thought it was. But the texture of the hands, his signature scent, I knew exactly who it was.

I came face to face with the handsome boy I've been helplessly in love with since I was 5, and I felt another dagger stick its way into my heart.

"Please," he begged, his eyes watering, "just give me 2 seconds to explain," he breathed out.

I felt tired, drained, at a loss for words, so I simply shook my head and began to walk away.

"So that's it? You're just going to throw everything away?" his voice cracking at the last part. "After everything we've been through together, you're just going to simply walk away?"

I willed my feet to keep walking, but they seemed to have a mind of their own. Slowly yet surely, I turned around, facing him, the tears just carelessly streaming down my face. But as soon as I saw his face, so vulnerable and broken, I knew I should've kept walking.

Forgiving him would be so easy...but no.

Not this time.

I raised my eyebrow, stepping towards him so I could jab a finger into his chest.

"Me? I'm walking away? I'm the one who's throwing it all away?" I questioned, voice rising slightly with each word. "I'm the one who kissed someone right before your eyes?"

His face softened a moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"No," I cut in before he could utter a word, "you can't just stand here and put the blame on me for doing something wrong, when you're the one who made the mistake. why don't you own up for what you did? Why are you just dodging the question?" The pain was slightly put on hold as anger consumed me for the most part and I had to literally bite my tongue to prevent myself from saying something I'd regret for the rest of my life. "I didn't want to let down my walls for you when you moved back. But I knew that it was no use in trying to keep them up, because I knew that you were going to sweep in and break them yourself. And i was right. 2 weeks hadn't passed, and I was already falling for you all over again." I paused, taking a deep breath in. He went to say something again but I continued talking.