Resting Beach Face

Belle

Keeping my face void of any emotion, I stood, alone and feeling empty just like any other day. God, why'd he choose her? Out of all the girls here-- me in particular, why her?

Everything was so much easier before he moved back here. I was actually happy,  the consistent reminder that I was meant to be a mistake which my mother never failed to bring up.

A recent fight we had popped into my head, and I shut my eyes in attempt to shut it out.

1 week ago...

"Belle, now that he's back, you must get his attention, and you have to make him fall in love with you."

"Mama, I've tried! He's in love with someone else, it'll never be me."

"What kind of daughter have I raised? You have everything a guy could possibly want. You're not trying hard enough."

"What else do you want me to do? He doesn't pay me any attention."

"Do something. Anything at all, but apparently your looks aren't good enough. Your sister has no problem getting any guy she wants, but you clearly lack everything she's got."

"How is that my fault? I've done everything you've told me to!"

"If I knew this was how you were going to turn out, I would've taken my parents' advice and gotten rid of you."

Flashback ends...

The fact that they decided to stand directly across from my locker only made my morning worse. I envied Christina, I have ever since kindergarten. She doesn't have to try to make friends, they suddenly just appear, whereas I practically need to force people to utter a single word to me. She's extremely beautiful, naturally, and doesn't need to slob a pound of makeup on her face to make her look "presentable", as my mother so-kindly puts it. She's everything I'd never be, and that only made me hate her more.

I know, how pathetic of me.

Hoping to find some sort of distraction, I turn my head and clearly, that didn't help much either. Alex, one of my "minions", came sashaying down the hall, walking up to me, pulling up the skirt that was already exposing too much.

Mentally rolling my eyes, I resisted the urge to point out just how short her skirt-- sorry, more like underwear-- really was. But as I looked down, I was wearing the exact same length of skirt.

Thanks mother, even clothing must be controlled by you.

"--Belle? Hello? You there?" Alex was waving her hands impatiently, her foot bouncing against the metal of the lockers.

"Whoops, must've zoned out again." I said, not really meaning the halfhearted apology.

"Anyways, as I was saying, did you see Blake and Chris this morning?" she said, gossip being the only thing this girl can earn an A in.

"How could I not? They practically stand there every morning," I point out.

"And that doesn't like, bother you? I mean, seeing as you have like, a huge crush on him and all."

I guess everyone's pushing my buttons this morning. Giving her a fake smile, I walked away, only to hear the clicking of her heels behind me.

Does she have to follow me everywhere?

Purposely walking faster, I thought I had escaped her until I felt a hand attach to my arm, pulling me back in attempt to stop me.