Rushed

Christina

This morning was definitely off to a bad start.

Actually, scratch that. This morning was off to a disastrous start.

With all the hullabaloo yesterday, setting an alarm clock was the last thing on my mind. Therefore, I had approximately 20 minutes to get ready before getting my butt to school.

Just my luck.

With the time in mind, I shot out of bed that was desperately calling my name, and in the process of running, stubbed my toe on the corner of my bed.

I cried out in pain and continued to run to the bathroom while rubbing my foot and failed miserably as I ended up landing face-first on the floor.

Adding my face to the Will-Be-Bruised list, I stumbled my way into the bathroom and brushed my teeth with a record of 30 seconds. 

Yep, definitely one of my most prized accomplishments.

I ran to my closet and threw the door open in attempt to find an outfit for the torturous doom that awaits. Grabbing a pair of black Nike leggings and a light pink PINK hoodie, I ran back to my closet and found a pair of UGG boots.

Within the next 5 minutes I was dressed and ready to go before throwing my hair into a messy ponytail. Throwing one last look at the mirror, I took my bag and ran down the stairs, not even caring about make-up at the moment.

Barefaced and rocking-the-raccoon-look it is then.

When I made it downstairs, I speed-walked into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of toast and ran down the hall while grabbing my keys. After yelling a quick "love you" to mum, I hopped in my car and sped down the road to school.

And by sped, I mean going 30 in a 30 mile per hour zone. Hey, call me a good girl, but I was not looking forward to dealing with the cops at 7 in the morning.

Reaching the parking lot, I parked my car and took off. Realizing that I had 5 minutes left before the bell rang, I forced my legs to go even faster. 

Man, I really need to get back into cardio.

And it didn't help that my first class was all the way across campus. All the way across campus.

Holy sausages, I needed to step up my game.

By the time I reached class, I was a mess. And not the hot kind of mess, oh no, no. The literal mess-mess kind of mess. Hair was sticking up everywhere, sweat lined my forehead, and I was pretty sure I smelled too.

Thank goodness for the deodorant I carry with me.

I ran through the door and took my usual seat beside Jaz, ignoring all the looks and whispers that were being thrown my way. As soon as my butt was planted on the chair, the tardy bell rang and I let out a breath of relief.

"Damn girl, what on earth happened to you?" Jaz said beside me.

And so as I explained my morning fiasco, she just laughed the whole time. I even included the part about stubbing my toe, expecting some sort of sympathy from her, but all I got was an even louder laugh, if that was possible.

After attempting to fix myself a little bit so I could at least look presentable, the teacher walked through the door and cleared her voice.

Uh-oh.

This meant she had an announcement. And her announcements could only mean one thing. Something bad was about to happen.

But maybe this time it would be good, right?