Double Take

A/N: Hey everyone!! (again) 2 chapters in 1 day?! Let's do this!! I hope you all enjoy and don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Christina

Clermont High. 

The same sign that I've passed by for the past 3 years.

The school that I've become oh-so-adapted-to. Seeing as the previous 3 years caused me no pain (well aside from Belle and her minions) , this year hasn't been all that bad. It was already the end of September and the weather was becoming a bit chilly. You should've brought a jacket then, Chris. As I stepped out of my car, I stared at all the different groups scattered around the parking lot. You have your "you can't sit with us" group, aka the jocks. You have your study buddies aka the kids who love to learn. You have your "i prefer to be left alone" group. And then pretty much everyone else either falls within those categories.

Well everyone except for me. You see, I don't just fit into 1 group. I love to make new friends and meet different people wherever I go. So for me, the whole school is my group. Although, I do try my best to stay clear of the jocks. I reach in to grab my bag and lock the car behind me as I walk towards torture. I'm sorry, did I say torture? I meant school. Whoops. But can you blame me? I open the door and make my way down the hall to my locker. Reaching in my back pocket and pulling out my phone, I text Jasmine and see wheres she's at.

Jasmine and I have been best friends since we were practically babies. Our mom's were college roommates and were best friends. Jasmine knows pretty much everything about me-as I know pretty much everything about her.

I reach my locker and dial in the code and open the small door with a loud bang. Oops. In the process, I accidentally scared the poor girl next to me and after apologizing about a 100 times, i finally walked away. As I rounded the corner, I bumped into Belle. Just the girl I was dying  to see! Can you hear the sarcasm? 

"Why don't you look where you're going next time?" Belle sneered. Well I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

"What did you say to me?" she yelled.

Crap. Did I just say that out loud? I wish the floor would just swallow me whole right this minute.

"I said, I'm sorry and it will never happen again." I replied with a shockingly sweet tone.

"Yeah, right. You better watch it loser." she spat at me before turning on her heel and walking away, her minions following suit.

Just the perfect way to start my morning, I thought. And as usual, with her incredibly horrible timing, appears Jasmine.

"What the heck just happened over there Chris?" Jasmine asked.

"Just the usual queen B encounter, Jaz." I replied.

"Oh my gosh I would've been here sooner but I stopped by Starbucks to pick up 2 coffees for us, and when I read my clock I realized I was running a little late and then I ran here and I tried not to spill the coffee so I couldn't run fast and then when I came here I guess I was too late and I am so so sorry Chris." Jaz said in one breath. Holy moly, I'm telling you, this girl can recite a speech in less than 2 minutes and even then she still wouldn't be out of breath.

"Well, since you brought coffee...you're forgiven!" I replied as enthusiastically as I could. 

"Shall we?" Jaz extended her arm to me.

"We shall!" I replied while looping my arm around hers and making our way down the hall.

We both had 1st period together which sadly was math. Imagine having math as your first class of the day in the morning....torturous am I right? Well Jaz had nothing to complain about since she was a math whiz, while me on the other hand...well lets just say it was one of my...weak areas. I already had a headache from encountering with the devil, and Mrs. Burns was not helping at all. Her lecture just kept going on and on and on. I was never one to be rude to teachers and Mrs. Burns was the sweetest lady but her lectures tend to be...never ending.

I looked around the room and just took in everyone's presence. Half the class wasn't even paying attention. They were either half asleep, or totally deep in their beauty sleep. The other half were on their phones or whispering to each other. I directed my attention back to the teacher and after what seemed like forever, the bell finally rang.

As we all filed out the room, Jaz and I headed to my locker to put some books away during our 10 minute break between 1st period and 2nd period. As we approached my locker, Jaz was saying something about how we have a test next math class. Oh great! I should probably get studying if I want to get a decent grade on it.

- - - -

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, well for me since all my other classes are bearable. Its just math that slowly brings me to my doom. Okay, maybe a little dramatic but what can I say? I hate math more than I hate Belle. And that is saying something.

As I walked to my car after collecting all the books I needed for studying, I couldn't help but hum a little. My current celeb crush is Shawn Mendes and holy guacamole  that boy can sing. While I was humming along to 'There's Nothing Holding Me Back', I felt my phone vibrate.

'Coming to your house around 7' ~ Jaz

'Sounds good to me' I replied.

I unlocked my car and got in and started to pull out of the parking lot. That is until I was cut off by someone. Belle. Oh Mother of all things holy. I guess the universe really was against me today. It took everything inside of me to keep myself from going over there and yanking out those hair extensions. Breathe in, breathe out. After I was sure that I wouldn't erupt like a volcano, I backed up and started the 10 minute drive home.

As soon as I drove up the driveway, I noticed a huge moving truck parked outside the house next to us. Letting my curiosity get the best of me, I got out of the car and went to go see who the new neighbors were.

I went around the car and walked towards the house and stood on the sidewalk, peering and hoping that I could get a glimpse of the new neighbors. There were about 4 men running back and forth from the truck to the house, hauling things to and fro. I saw a middle aged woman and about the same aged man standing together outside on the lawn, admiring the house. What a lovely couple they make together, I thought. Then, I saw a boy coming out of the house and said something to his parents before turning slightly and looking towards the truck.

As soon as I saw him, my eyes did a double take. No, make that a triple take.

It can't be.

It couldn't be.

Oh, but it was.

- - - -

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! Sorry for the cliffhanger! But doesn't a cliffhanger make things more interesting? How did you all like the chapter? Leave the comments below and if you liked it, don't forget to vote!!

Elizabeth x