Trick or Treat

Christina

I was shocked.

I was outraged.

Wait, was I outraged? I mean I was more shocked than mad...oh what they hey? I was both. But why was I shocked and possibly outraged?

Well, it all started this morning...

     I woke up, in my recently happy self, and immediately felt the smile that has been there since Blake asked me to be his girlfriend.

Girlfriend, boyfriend.

2 words that I thought never really had a lot of meaning behind it. That is, until I actually experienced it myself. Thinking about something, and actually experiencing something for yourself, are 2 completely different things.

Alright, I'll stop boring you with all the philosophical stuff.

As I got ready, I was in a daze. But not in a depressing, confusing kind of daze. More of a happy, mindless daze. You know, the one where you're so busy thinking about that 1 person and you get so lost in your thoughts, you block everything out?

Hmm, I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

As I was getting dressed, I got hit with realization, and my brush slipped from my hands and landed on my foot.

Ow.

Today's Halloween...how could I forget?

The day of spooky stories and pillowcases full of candy? Yep, that holiday. Personally, Christmas has and always will be my most favorite holiday. Just something about the whole cozy, gingerbread feeling, family getting together, putting up the tree, well...you get the gist. I looked down at my black dress and frowned.

The dress was cute, it was black and had long sleeves that were made out of lace, and it reached just mid-thigh on me. It fit me like a glove, and it was one of my favorite dresses. But, even though Halloween isn't #1 on my list, I still had to show some spirit.

Rummaging through my drawer, I found a pair of cat ears and a black expo marker. Hey, when God gives you cat ears and a marker...use them. Making dues with what I got, I put the car ears on and stroked the marker in my face to make it look like whiskers and drew a small circle at an attempt to draw a nose.

But who was I fooling? I could barely draw a stick person.

I guess I wasn't supposed to be the next Leonardo Da Vinci. Oh well.

Adjusting the cat ears, I looked in the mirror and nodded my head to myself, bobbing my head to the tune currently filling the silence around me. Never be alone by Shawn Mendes was playing and I couldn't help myself as I let my brain go into overthink mode.

What if I fell for Blake too fast?

Would he leave me again like he did 6 years ago?

No, Blake wouldn't do that to me.

Would he?

No, of course not.

But he could hurt me another way...no. 

I shook my head and willed my brain to think about anything, anything at all. But it seemed as if that thought was engraved in my brain and all I could think about was him. But the good, positive thoughts, were now filled with negative thoughts.