Christina Marie Brooks...

A/N: Hey guys!! So the actual authors note will be down there but I had to include some head-ups before you read the chapter! For this chapter, it might be helpful for you all to listen to the song 'Crush' by David Archuleta. Blake may or may not include this in his proposal...

Christina

I sat up, embracing the sunshine streaming through the curtains, and immediately regretted doing that. Clutching my stomach, I let out a groan of pain and curled into a ball and let out a few incoherent words in the process. 

It was that time of the month again.

Curse you, Mother Nature. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Laying there, helpless, I thought about staying home from school today. I mean, on an average scale of 1-10, the pain I was currently experiencing was hitting 100.

Yep, it was that bad.

Just as I was about to call my mother, a thought popped up. I had a math test today. Today. Out of all days of the month, I just had to get these horrendous cramps the day of a test? I made a mental note on having a chat with Mother Nature later.

On another note, I got up, clutching my stomach in pain, and walked over to the bathroom to get ready for this long, long day ahead of me. Taking longer than usual, I finally finished getting dressed in a pull-over hoodie, some grey leggings, and a pair of black and white Nike's. In the current state I was in, I was in no mood of getting dressed nicely.

I looked like a raccoon for Christ's sake! (Sorry raccoons for any offense).

Grumbling to myself, I walked--more like wobbled--downstairs and met an amused, yet concerned mother waiting my the kitchen.

"Morning, dear!" she chirped, happily.

"Morning." I grumbled.

"Having a rough morning, love?" she asked.

"Rough would be an understatement mum," I said, "more like horrifying."

"That time of the month?" she asked.

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p'.

She gave me a sympathized look and reached her hand to give me a hug. I walked over to the fridge and looked around for the orange juice. But, there wasn't any.

Huh?

"Hey, mum, where's the orange juice?" I asked.

She looked at me oddly before replying.

"Honey, you drank the rest last night." she said.

Then it hit me. I drank the rest after finishing my homework. Okay, so this morning was definitely heading in the wrong direction. First, these damned cramps, and now no more orange juice!

Well, I couldn't blame Mother Nature for the orange juice, but she knows what she did.

Shaking my head at myself, I grabbed my bag and keys and waddled towards the door.

"Bye, mum! Love you!" I yelled as I closed the door.

Walking the short distance to my car, I climbed in and drove away. Turning the corner, the school came into view, and I stepped on the gas a little harder.

If there was one thing that could brighten my day, it was seeing Blake.

I parked the car and ran as fast as I could without my stomach feeling as if it was being torn in half. So basically there was no running, but very slow walking instead.