Time Flies

A/N: WHAT'S GOOD Y'ALL?!

so looking back on all the author's notes I've written so far, they're all kinda...long.

and I don't wanna have you all falling asleep on me before you read what you actually came here to read. so I have made a vow to cut off on all the writing for the notes, and just make them simple, short.

with that being said, (I know I'm a few days late) Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it! I hope you all had a Christmas to remember, and feel free to share a Christmas moment that makes you laugh down below!

now on with the chapter...

Blake

As I unlocked my phone for the thousandth time, I couldn't help but look at the date and smile.

May 4th.

Today was our 1 year anniversary...already 1 happy, memorable year with the love of my life, and I couldn't be happier.

She makes me happy.

I looked over to my bed where the presents I bought for her lay, all wrapped perfectly in tissue paper.

Or, as perfect as they could possibly be.

As thoughts of how to surprise Chris flooded my mind, I picked up all the gifts and my bag and made my way down the stairs. Being lost in thought, I didn't realize that mum had been silently watching me from the island, sipping her coffee. 

She coughed purposefully, snapping me out of my thoughts and making me drop my keys. I caught them before they hit the floor and set the gifts on the counter top.

"Is something...occupying your mind?" she asked as she smirked, already knowing the answer.

"No...", I trailed off, as I felt heat rise underneath the collar of my shirt.

"Really," she said, unconvinced as she raised an eyebrow, "your shoes beg to differ."

Subconsciously, I looked down, and felt my face grow even redder. As my mind was too busy thinking of...other things, I managed to put on 1 NIKE sneaker, and 1 Sperry shoe. Mentally face-palming myself, I knew that mum wouldn't drop the subject until she got all the news she wanted to hear.

So unwillingly, and quite slow, I pulled out a chair, and lowered myself into it. Putting my hands on the counter in front of me, I began drumming my fingers; a habit I can't seem to control.

"So," I drawled, "what exactly would you like to know?"

Rolling her eyes, she set her mug down and copied my actions in crossing her hands in front of her.

"Everything," she emphasized, "and if you think you can fool me into leaving something out, Lana is just 2 seconds away."

I audibly gulped.

Lana was Chris's mum, and I knew when my mum got down to the business, she'd do exactly what she set out to.

Muttering some words to myself, I crossed my arms and let out a sigh.

This was going to be a very long morning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Christina

Putting my car in park, I climbed out and shut the door behind me. As I was about to turn, my dress got stuck in the door, and me being me, didn't realize it soon enough, resulting in a giant rip on the side.