Advice

Blake

With a slight breeze coming in through the window, I rolled over and walked towards it.

Hey, what better thing to do if you're awake?

I lifted the curtains and took in the morning air. I thought back to yesterday and her smile was like the icing to the cake.

I've been here for a week, and my feelings for her grew even more than when we were kids. James, one of my most trusted friends, threatened to hit me in the head with a golf club if I didn't stop talking about her. He was joking, for the most part.

Then, out of nowhere, I heard Taylor Swift coming out of Chris's window and since her curtains were tied in the center to create a fancy effect, I could see her dancing and signing into her hairbrush as a microphone.

I wanted to laugh at how cute she was but then she would hear me and my cover would be blown. I wanted to enjoy seeing this for a while.

But then the music stopped, and out of the window Chris's head popped out.

"Where you watching me?" she asked amused, but pretended to have a serious look on her face.

Her hair was stuck on her face a little from the sweat, and she looked a little out of breath. Her cheeks were tinted a light pink from all the dancing and she was slightly panting.

Even in a sweaty state she looks hot.

Then I realized that I was staring at her all this time.

Damn.

"Uh, can you repeat that?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

She let out a loud laugh and threw her head back, laughing.

Gosh, what was this girl doing to me?

"I asked if you were watching me but I guess you were too occupied to hear me," she replied humorously.

"Well, its not my fault you're so cute," I said.

Crap, what did I just say? I just told her she was cute! She wasn't supposed to know that!

You stupid, stupid boy.

I sneaked a look at her but she was looking down, while smiling and blushing.

Did she feel the same way?

No, of course she doesn't. She deserves someone who didn't leave her with so much as a letter.

But this girl was driving me insane.

I think it's time I pay an old friend a visit.

- - - - - -

20 minutes later, after saying bye to Chris, and getting dressed, I grabbed my keys and headed downstairs to greet mum and...Jake. I was still new to the whole 'have a new dad' thing. And believe me, I was trying my hardest to warm up to him and all but no one could ever take place of my dad.

Shaking my head, I walked mum and gave her a quick kiss and throwing Jake a 'morning' and told them I was headed out.

Getting in the car, I began the 4 hour trip. Once I got onto the highway, I instantly regretted not taking I-4.

Jeez, and to think the roads would be empty on a Saturday morning.

Silently shaking my head, I braced myself for a 5 hour trip instead.

You see, when my father passed away, I felt like I didn't have that male guidance in my life anymore, no one to guide me.

When I was 16, I was looking for a job. I was desperate enough to take what I could and I was willing to start from the bottom. It seemed as every store I went in to, they would either say they weren't hiring or that I was too young to be employed. I was just about to give up when I walked by a small book shop that had a 'help wanted' sign.