Dinner Dates & Clumsy Mistakes

Christina

The first thing I heard when I woke up was the soft snores coming from beside me.

I turned gently in my small space that was left from Blake being sprawled next to me, with me being pressed into his chest.

Not that I was complaining.

I turned my gaze to look at him, trying to not think about how creepy this probably was. A stray lock of hair fell across his handsome face, but somehow made him look even cuter. I reached up and brushed off, causing him to open his eyes.

A lazy smile fell across his face, and he brought me closer to him, so close that I could feel his minty breath radiating onto my face.

"Morning Chris," he said lowly, a yawn escaping his mouth, causing me to yawn as well.

C'mon Chris, don't focus on his morning voice.

Oh, I was a lost cause.

"Morning." I squeaked.

Squeaked. I squeaked. Oh god, what was he doing to me?

He smirked, as if knowing the effect he had on me, but decided to spare me the humiliation for once. Our eyes locked and it was like time stopped. And as super cliche as that sounded, that's exactly what it felt like.

But our little trance didn't last long.

Seconds later, I heard footsteps bounding up the stairs, causing both of our eyes to go wide.

"Hide!" I whisper-yelled.

He shot out of the bed and looked around hurriedly, then spun around, panic evident on his face. "Where?" he whispered back.

Since I didn't have a bathroom in my room, he couldn't hide there. So the only choice he had was the closet. Guess that was good enough.

"The closet!" I whispered, pointing at it.

He ran in there and shut the door with a loud bang. Silently shaking my head, I mentally face palmed my face just as mum opened the door.

"Good morning, dear. You're going to be late for school!"

I pretended to look as if I just woke up, and with a yawn, gave her a thumbs up, and pulled the covers off of me.

"Good, I'll see you downstairs then," she said as she was about to close the door, but paused and opened it back up, "but please make sure Blake doesn't suffocate in the closet and invite him down to breakfast."

To say that my mouth was touching the floor was an understatement. A deep blush painted my face and the room suddenly felt very hot. With a smirk, she closed the door, leaving me a blushing mess on top of my bed.

Slowly and much quieter this time, Blake emerged from the closet, a light shade of pink tinting his ears and cheeks. He scratched the back of his neck and walked over to the bed, avoiding eye contact. Moments passed by before he turned to me, a nervous look on his face, and started to fumble with my fingers.

"So, uh," he began, but stopped.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Uh, would you-I mean will you-" he stopped again, looking down, "will you let me drive you to school?" He looked deflated and forced a smile, a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Sure," I said awkwardly, "let me just get ready really quick and I'll meet you when you're ready."

He nodded his head and walked over to the window, carefully putting his legs over the sill and climbing into the tree. What was going on? Had I done something? Shaking the negative thoughts off, I went to the bathroom and quickly dressed in a sky blue dress that ended mid-thigh and a black cardigan over it, pairing it with some black strapped sandals. Deciding that my hair looked decent already, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.