Shattered Glass // C1

"A person is like glass, once put through a traumatic event they are forever broken and they will never be the same ever again"- Unknown

Amberle's POV:

The ambulance ride was very silent, I sat in shock of what just happened. Zach held Penelope's hand the whole way and kept kissing her knuckles. They brought us to the same hospital where Christina was staying and once we got there, everything was pretty hectic. Zach and I were quickly pulled out of the ambulance as Penelope was rushed into the hospital.

"I'm going to find the boys" I stated as I clutched my elbows.

"Okay, I'm going to follow Penelope...I'll meet you there" Zach said as he tried to conjure a smile.

I walked into the hospital trying to remember where the boys were. I'm pretty sure I got lost which wasn't helpful in this time...my best friend is dying and I needed Daniel to be there for me. I kept roaming the halls and by some miracle I saw Danny rush into my hallway, he looked left before he looked my way and saw me.

For some reason, I began to cry again when I saw him...I collapsed onto the ground as Daniel ran over to me. Heavy, salty tears began to stream down my cheeks as Danny looked at my blood-stained hands.

"I heard what happened...she'll be okay, she's a fighter" Daniel tried to reassure me as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

I looked into those dazzling blue eyes...the eyes that gave me hope; The same eyes that made me feel like home and made me feel safe. Daniel quickly cradled me and brought me to where everyone else was. They all immediately got up and surrounded me in a group hug...I love these boys so much. After awhile, they stepped back and resumed their seats and Corbyn went to Christina's hospital room to stay for the night. I sat down staring at my blood-stained dress and my bloody hands.

"Come on...let's get you washed up" Daniel said as he noticed what I was staring at.

He dragged me into the bathroom, regardless that it was the female restroom and he's a guy...he just didn't care. He gently washed my hands off knowing that I was too emotionally unstable to do anything. Eventually, he told me to stay here while he left and I just sat on the floor. Daniel came back with sweats from the gift shop and insisted I change...so I went into a stall and changed.

"You're so pretty" Daniel said when I came out.

I smiled because I was wearing sweats...just sweats.

"I look like an emotional train wreck" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Aww, babe...you don't just look like one you are one" Daniel said before he starting cracking up at his own joke.

"I hate you" I replied before I punched his arm.

"Come on...it's been a long night" Daniel said as he wrapped his arm around my neck.

When we got back to the group, everyone was already asleep so Daniel sat down and I rested my head against him only to drift into a deep sleep.
________________________________
I woke up hours later to realize that somehow I was the one sitting straight up with Daniel's head in my lap. I rolled my eyes before I noticed that Daniel was still sleeping.

"He's a cute sleeper isn't he?" Jonah said.

I realized that Jonah was the only other person awake. "How would you know you weirdo?"

"We're snuggle buddies for life" Jonah said as he flashed his dazzling smile.

"Hate to break it to you but I think you've been replaced by the only Queen here..." I said as I flipped my hair.