Skedaddle // C16

"She's standing on a line between giving up and seeing how much more she can take" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

It's been three weeks since our capture and it's been pretty routine. We wake up, have our three meals and sit around to do absolutely nothing.

"I'm so bored!" I yelled as I picked up the white chalk that my sister gave to us three weeks ago and made another tally.

"Well there are other things we can do to pass the time" Daniel stated as he winked.

"You've got to be kidding me...confinement doesn't do well for you" I stated as I limped over to sit next to him. My leg has been doing fine but my leg is in a cast so I still limp around.

"It's strange...I'm like a whole different person"  Daniel stated as he stretched and rested his head on my lap. "Maybe you'll actually date this new version of me"

"Daniel, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked as I started to play with his hair.

"Never mind" Daniel mumbled as he turned his head to the side.

"Danny, we have nothing else to do...the least you can do is share your feelings" I stated as he turned back over and looked directly into my eyes.

He took a deep breath and reached up to touch my cheek.

"Tell me what you mean and I'll tell you something in return" I stated as I continued to play with his hair.

His eyes looked full of pain and regret, something has been eating away at him for awhile.

Finally he gave in, "I've been going over what happened to us in my head over and over and I figured that maybe I wasn't good enough for you. Maybe you preferred someone like Shawn over me because I hurt you and I'm sorry. So if I started to think that if I changed, you would like me".

For some reason, hearing those words pained me. He thought that I preferred Shawn over him? He was so wrong.

"There's a reason why I did fall for you, you know?" I stated as I leaned down to kiss him on his forehead. I tried my best to reassure that there was nothing wrong with him...

"'Did' as in past tense" Daniel stated as he got up and walked to the other side of the basement.

This is like serious déjà vu, Daniel just always seems to walk away from me when we get deep into feelings. Regardless, I stood up and limped over to him...

"Daniel you know that's not what I meant" I stated as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean then?!? I'm so confused by your feelings Amberle! These past three weeks, we've been getting closer and closer but yet you claim you don't have any feelings for me" Daniel raised his voice as he turned around and looked me directly in the eye.

I swallowed realizing that I may have led him on these weeks....whoops. I stared into his deep pools of blue and wondered how much of me still loved him.

"You know what? Don't even answer" Daniel stated.

"What? Why? I didn't even-" I began but I was cut off by Daniel's lips on mine. Damn it felt good to kiss him again...

He pulled away and looked into my eyes again for answers. By some underlying willpower, I cupped his face and pulled him into another kiss. His utter shock quickly melted into passion as he wrapped his arms around my back. His right hand tracing the arch of my back as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He pulled away but this time with our foreheads still touching, "you don't know how long I've wanted to kiss you".

I smiled and before I knew it, his lips were on mine again. At some point, he picked me up and backed me up against the wall. I wrapped my legs around his torso and his hands started to travel up my thigh when we heard the door to the basement unlock.

"Damn" I mumbled as I slid back down the wall and stabilized myself on my feet. Daniel moved over to the side and placed his head against the wall. I honestly don't even know what happened between us...

"I have breakfast" Lillianne stated as I heard her heels clicking down the steps.

"Thanks" I said as I limped over to achieve the tray of food.

"Here's your pain meds" Lillianne stated with an icy tone.

"Thanks again" I called as she started back up the stairs.

"Don't mention it" she said as she went back up the stairs and locked the door behind her.

I waited a few minutes before speaking..."Okay, whatever just happened won't happen again" I stated as Daniel turned around. He approached me and for a second I thought my logical thinking would relapse.

"Why not though?" Daniel asked.

"Um because we need to skedaddle" I stated as I tossed my pain meds on the mattress.

"Did you seriously just use Eben's line?" Daniel stated looking down at me.

"Yes, now seriously...we need to get out of here" I stated.

"Do you know how to pick a lock?" Daniel stated as I began to walk around the room.

"No, but I know these walls like the back of my hand...used to spend a lot of time down here when I was little" I said looking for something.

"So how does that help us?" Daniel asked following me with his eyes.

"Well last night I had a dream, well more of a memory recall...and I remembered that there was an escape stairwell down here. Apparently, my dad prepared us in case of Tyson and my dad was rich so like why not?" I stated as I started to trace my fingers up and down a wall.

"Why didn't you remember this maybe three weeks ago when our careers weren't down the drain?" Daniel asked sounding annoyed.

"Don't blame me! I forgot about this house and it's details a long time ago" I said as my fingers finally hit the slightest bump. To anyone outside the Lafontaine bloodline...you would think it's just a bump but it truly held the key to our escape.

I reached 2 inches above the bump to fish around the crack for an actual key. Luckily, my sister didn't think about removing it and my fingers grazed over it. I picked up the tiny gold key and went to the opposite wall to find a tiny differentiate in the wall...there was a brick with a thin red scratch that marked where the door was. All the while, Daniel stared as me like I was a mad man...

"I found it!" I stated as I eyed the red scratch and found an abnormally shaped hole in the wall.

"This is like straight out of a movie" Daniel stated as he gathered right behind my shoulder.

"I know" I stated as I turned the key to reveal a door. It wasn't anything magical, just the air compression behind the wall released which made a few cracks in the brick to reveal a door.

I pushed open the door to find cobwebs and a thick layer of dust. I ran back to grab my meds before returning back to Daniel...

"Now or Never" he stated as he held my hand and led me through the door and up the stairs.
Once we closed the door behind us, it was pitch black and I was glad that Daniel was leading. Eventually he ran into a door and opened it to reveal sunshine and the front lawn...it was about 20 yards to the front gate and from there we would be free.

"Here" Daniel stated as he gestured for me to piggy-back...probably because of my leg.

I jumped on his back and he started to dash across the lawn. We were about 20 feet away from the gate and I could practically taste freedom when Tyson stepped out from a tree and in our way. Apparently, he just knows where we are at every exact moment enough to hide behind a tree!

He was slow clapping, "nice job escaping the basement, but I can assure you it will be a lot harder to escape my gun". Tyson pulled out his gun once again, and now I was staring down the barrel of his gun....
_______________________________
A/N: Y'all I honestly don't even know where this chapter was going, from Daniel and Amberle at the beginning to their escape...at this point I'm just winging it. I still hoped you enjoyed it though :)