Misguided Affection // C9

"One stupid mistake could change everything" - Unknown

Daniel's POV:

The vibrations from the cello flowed through my body like adrenaline. I can't deny that I wasn't addicted to the feeling music gave me...maybe a little too addicted.

"Daniel! We get it...you're super talented" Jack yelled at me from upstairs.

I stopped playing my cello and laughed at Jack. I've been playing music a lot lately, I guess the other guys just got annoyed. I checked my phone to see three missed messages from Amberle....

"Daniel!" Jessica called, on top of the staircase, before I could open my phone.

Jessica was the fan that won our "spend a day with us" sweepstakes that we announced last week.

"Hey Jessica" I said smiling.

"Corbyn got super into his video games and I tuned out so I thought we could hang out" Jessica said as she descended the stairs.

I was just now noticing the maroon body con and black hat she was wearing. Seems like something Amberle might wear...

"I was thinking you could teach me how to play the cello" Jessica said as she beamed with happiness.

I hesitated and looked down at my phone..."of course. I had to do what this fan wanted...otherwise we would get bad publicity. "Follow me"

I led Jessica into our musical headquarters and rested the cello in between my legs. I then explained to her the proper position and some basic notes.

"Here, you try" I stated.

I helped her with her posture and her correct fingerings.

"You're really good at this" she said as she blushed.

I shrugged and smiled. "Everyone says it's talent but anyone can be good at anything as long as you work hard"

"How inspiring" she said.

Eventually, she got through three simple songs before she asked me to play something.

"Like what?" I asked as she handed me back my cello.

"Anything really...I just want to hear you play" she said as she blushed.

"Alright" I stated as I started playing Cello Sonata No. 3 by Beethoven.

When I finished I saw the shock on her face...

"I can't even...you're just too amazing" Jessica stated as she got up and walked out of the room.

I laughed, I knew she was flirting with me but she's a fan and I couldn't let that bother me. I followed Jessica out into the living room to find that she was talking to Zach...about hair.

"Can I touch your hair?" Jessica asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea" I chimed in.

"Oh it's you!" Jessica exclaimed as she pretended that we weren't just practicing for 2 hours.

"Hey man!" Zach stated as I walked over to him to do our handshake.

"Aren't you two just cutesicles!" Jessica stated as she specifically looked at me and bit her lip.

Is this crazy child trying to seduce me? Um I think not.

Jessica pouted as she looked at the clock. "Guys it's almost time for me to go" she said.

"Awww, it was fun having you around" Zach stated.

"Can we at least do one more thing before I go?" she begged.