Death's Kiss // C18

"Due to recent cutbacks and further notice, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

My heart crumpled into pieces as I watched Zach lie on the pavement bleeding out, even from this distance I knew the bullet hit a major artery. I watched as Penelope dropped to her knees to try and help Zach.

"Stop this!" I demanded as Tyson turned around.

He gave me a sly smile and turned back around to watch Zach and in one swift motion another gun shot rang out and this time...Penelope was lying on the floor.

I crippled to my knees and I yelled in agony, "YOU MONSTER!"

"I don't like when people tell me what to do" Tyson replied as he turned around and aimed at us.

Daniel helped me get up and I looked past Tyson's shoulder to see that the rest of the boys were around Penelope and Zach, trying to get this situation back in control.

"Now where were we before we were rudely interrupted?" he asked.

"Amberle!" I heard Lillianne call as I looked at her. She tossed me her gun which resulted in her getting shot because Tyson saw what she was doing.

I held the gun in my hands and aimed it right back at Tyson, he looked horrified at what he has just done to Lillianne and in his moment of hesitation, I shot him in the chest. He quickly fell to the ground and was struggling to breath.

I found myself in amazement at how Lillianne actually helped me survive. I also pondered why my natural instinct was to shoot Tyson? I guess my adrenaline was high but what amazed me more was that I actually won against Tyson! He terrorized Daniel and I for weeks and I brought him down...now that's a confident booster.

By some miracle, three police cars pulled up to our situation and I've never felt more relieved. It was all over...Daniel and I can go home and Zach and Penelope will survive. After three weeks of nothing but living in fear, we could go home...or well he can go back to L.A and I will go back to Paris to see if my spot had been filled. Nevertheless, we still won and that was all that matters. I saw the cops slowly step out and hide behind their car doors...

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!!!" one cop yelled.

I quickly did as I was told because I forgot I was even holding a weapon.

"GET ON YOUR KNEES WITH YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!!!" another cop called out.

Daniel and I did as we were told and as soon as we did, three cops ran over to us and pushed us to the ground. I felt a cop slipping cold metal cuffs around my hands and I turned my head to see that Daniel was getting arrested too.

"Wait! You have this all wrong, we didn't do anything" I stated as I was forcefully pulled back on my knees. "He's the one who shot everyone and I was just defending myself" I stated as I gestured to Tyson.

"Sorry m'am we take no precautions" the cop behind me stated. "For all we know, you could've been the one who shot all of these people and blamed it on one of your victims. After all. when we arrived you were the one holding the gun".

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked but was ignored.

"You're coming with us" a cop stated as he forcefully wrapped his hand around my neck and started to drag me back to the cop car.

I started to grow suspicious... "how did you know where to find us?" I asked.

"Noise complaint from a neighbor" the cop stated.

"Oh well, do you wanna know something?" I stated.

The cop rolled his eyes, "sure"

"You're not a real cop are you?" I stated as the cop stopped right in his tracks. "Yeah you see you didn't have a warrant to arrest me and you didn't read me my rights. Not to mention, your badge has a typo...Vancouver is spelt
V-a-c-o-u-v-e-r not V-a-c-o-o-v-e-r jerk" I stated as I turned around and kicked the cop in the balls.