Last Efforts // C13

"There's a difference between someone who wants you and someone who will do anything to keep you...remember that" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

I woke up this morning to realize that Shawn was sleeping in the chair diagonal to my bed. Did he really tell me he loved me last night? Maybe he meant as a friend...right?!? I mean he's only known me for barely a month, that's not enough time to fall in love with someone!

I reached over to my phone to find that my phone was spammed...gee, what's the commotion about? I saw that I had a text from my manager and it was a link...oh my gosh! TMZ caught a photo of me and Shawn hugging yesterday and now it's blasted on every gossip website.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Sorry did I wake you?" I asked wanting to avoid the elephant in the room.

"No, I just got up", he stated, "so what's with the panicked face?"

"Um....you might want to see for yourself" I said handing him my phone.

His eyes went wide, "they think we're dating?!?"

"I know it's bad...I hope Daniel doesn't see it, he would think I'm a wh*re or something" I stated as I placed both hands over my eyes.

"Hey, it's going to be okay" he said as he gently removed my hands from my face.

"Yeah, but now the whole world thinks I'm some sl*t...look they even have the video of me and Daniel's breakup"

"We'll just tweet that we aren't dating later  today...everything will be fine" he tried to reassure.

"I guess" I said still shaken over my breakup.

"Look at me", he said tilting my chin up to face him, "Daniel is a good guy and I'm sure you guys will be okay soon and be friends".

"We didn't just get into a fight, Shawn, we broke up" I said standing up.

"I know, but you guys have always been friends...just give it some time" he said placing his hands on my shoulders.

At this point, I couldn't tell if he was trying to comfort me as a friend...or something more. I walked away to look in the mirror to find dark eye circles, puffy cheeks, and lots of obvious red veins in my eyes. Ugh, I definitely look like I went through a rough breakup.

"Stan said I could have a day off right?" I asked coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah but he expects you back tomorrow...we can't delay production anymore" Shawn said as he set my phone down on the nightstand.

"Great, so I can just sit in my room and cry all day" I stated as I flopped into bed.

"No, no, no...we're going to do something to get your mind off of Daniel" Shawn stated as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of bed.

I rolled my eyes as he tossed me an outfit that I threw on. It was a black shirt with a leather jacket and a weird maroon button up skirt with black boots.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise" he said as he handed me my oversized sunglasses.