Trial for Justice // C24

"True pain is when you look into the eyes of someone you love but they look away. It hurts...a lot." - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

Daniel retreated back into his chair and he started to stare at the ground, thinking. I, on the other hand, was mortified by what I had just said. He came across the world to fight for me and I just told him that Shawn kissed me. Way to go Amberle, just screw everything up like how you screwed up Daniel's life! I'm such an idiot...

"When?" he said not looking into my eyes.

"Does it really matter?" I asked shyly.

"When!" he stated sharply and intensely, scaring me.

"Last night" I said barely above a whisper.

"Oh my gosh" he stated as he dropped his head into his hands.

"Daniel, I'm so sorry but-" I started but he cut me off.

"Amberle, I honestly don't want to hear it" he replied as he stood up and started walking towards the door.

That's funny, I'm pretty sure I said that to Shawn the other night...

"Daniel how can you say that!?" I raised my voice as he turned around, not saying a word. "After what you put me through with that Jessica fiasco, I think I deserve to explain what happened!" I yelled.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING AMBERLE!" he yelled back.

I was shocked and stood my ground in silence as he continued to yell at me.

"YOU DON'T DESERVE ME AND YOU DON'T DESERVE ANYONE BACK HOME! You're just a brat who thinks she can do whatever she wants and I'd still come chasing after her" he stated with a fire in his eyes.

I started to cry, is that what he really thought of me? As a brat? For a moment, he saw me starting to break down and I saw a flicker of regret...but that vanished as quickly as my confidence.

"No wonder why you left everyone, YOU WERE AFRAID THAT WE WE SEE YOU FOR WHO YOU TRULY ARE! You left us before we could leave you...isn't that right? I honestly thought you were different from your family but you're just as crazy as all of them" he said glaring at me.

"I.....I" I started but I couldn't finish my sentence because I started choking on my tears. I trusted him not to use my insecurities and weaknesses against me...but he did and that hurt like a witch.

"That's what I thought" he remarked as he started to open the door and leave.

I ran up to the doorway as anger surged through my veins, he doesn't have the right to judge me before knowing the whole story. "HOW DARE YOU DANIEL! YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AND ASSUME THAT I KISSED SHAWN! IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND YOU DIMWIT! HE KISSED ME AND I PUSHED HIM AWAY AND FORCED HIM TO LEAVE!" I yelled down the hallway, probably waking up everyone in the hotel but I didn't care. My only goal was to get Daniel to turn around and he did. Now I had his full attention, "but instead of letting me explain, you decided to play on my insecurities. I thought you'd be more understanding considering that Jessica 'kissed you' and not the other way around right?" I asked as he walked over to my room and stood in front of the doorway.

"Amberle, I'm sorry" he said as I saw a tear trickle down his cheek.

"Yeah well you didn't seem sorry two minutes ago when you were insulting me", I paused and wiped away a tear, "I forgive you Daniel, but I'm not stupid enough to trust you again" I finished as I slammed the door on him.

I used my hand to brush my hair back and I grew very angry. I started to throw my makeup and hair tools on the ground before I truly broke down. I leaned my back against the door and slowly slumped down before I dropped my head into my hands and started to cry uncontrollably. I grabbed my phone and texted Stan that I was dropping out of the movie...I needed a break from everything. I was so emotionally exhausted and depressed that I couldn't handle pretending to be happy while on that set. I just wanted the pain to be gone...
_______________________________