Captive // C15

"Everything will be alright; maybe not today but eventually" - Unknown

Amberle's POV:

"Answer me!" I yelled as I struggled with the ropes.

He cocked his head to one side before he gave me a devilish smile.

"Well, Amberle, you see LafontaineKey was originally CyberKey and your father and I co-owned the business. Until one day, he stated to the board that I had been slacking and drinking...so I got fired and your father gained sole custody of the company. However, I didn't slack or drink...your selfish father just wanted the company all to himself!" Tyson stated angrily.

"Okay...so you want revenge against me and my family. What does this have to do with my boy-", I stopped in my tracks and I backtracked a little, "Daniel, what does this have to do with Daniel?"

"Awwwwww, is there trouble in paradise?" Tyson asked as he lifted up my chin to face him.

I shook his touch off and looked away. "Touch me again and you'll loose a finger."

"Feisty....if you must know why I have Daniel too it's because he'll float too" Tyson stated with a smirk.

"Did you seriously just quote It?" I asked about to laugh and squinting my eyes.

"Okay let me try again, it's because HERE'S TYSON!" he stated while getting up all in my business.

"Are you kidding? Now you're quoting The Shining?" I stated.

"You know what? It's just because Daniel was in the wrong place at the wrong time" Tyson stated before he stormed back upstairs.

"Your boyfriend has a temper" I stated to Lillianne as she flipped her hair and stormed out.

I sighed as I slumped in my chair, I was starting to get body aches from being in this position.

"Hey Amberle?" Daniel's soft, tired voice stated.

"Yes, Daniel?" I stated mocking him for being so formal.

"How long?" he asked.

I was confused at his question, "how long for what?".

"How long were you unhappy?" he stated in a lower, hushed tone.

Completely startled by his forwardness, I was unable to produce words.

"Back in New York, you mentioned how unhappy you were...how long?" he stated in a more forceful tone.

"I don't really remember but for awhile..." I forced out as a lump was forming in my throat.

I heard Daniel sniff and I felt thankful that we were back-to-back because if I was facing him, I would probably break down into tears.

"You know I...", I paused, "I just wanted to feel important to someone and you neglected to talk to me for awhile. I felt like you took my feelings as a joke and that hurt so much".

I heard Daniel whisper something under his breath before he spoke, "I'm sorry...I truly am".

"It's fine, you were busy and I understand" I said once again feeling a rush of emotion and fighting back tears.

"No it's not Amberle! What I did was unforgivable and it's cruel that I still want to be with you", he paused and sniffed...I had a low lying sense that he might be crying, "But luckily, I only miss you when I'm breathing" he chuckled.

"We don't have time for this" I stated as I fumbled with the last of the ropes, I was secretly untying them this entire time. My sister may have been evil but she sucked at tying knots and I just happened to be a Girl Scout when I was younger.